Double A Farm NE Ohio

Looks like you were in my neck of the woods here in the Cherokee Nation...we are in Cherokee County...I would have said we could have had a visit but my 14 hour work days would have made it impossible :(

I am taking a few days and should actually be in Ohio Thursday evening for a couple days. Norwalk to be exact. Biggest Pontiac drag race in the country.

www.pontiacnationals.com

Looks like you were in my neck of the woods here in the Cherokee Nation...we are in Cherokee County...I would have said we could have had a visit but my 14 hour work days would have made it impossible :(

I am taking a few days and should actually be in Ohio Thursday evening for a couple days. Norwalk to be exact. Biggest Pontiac drag race in the country.

www.pontiacnationals.com

Yes sir, I thought about you when I was passing through Okie country. Norwalk is about 100 miles west of my farm.

I have been crazy busy this summer as I’m sure a lot of you guys have. Things are really coming together. I hit a few bumps in the road but overall the majority of my plots are doing great. The two snags were both in my rear field.

One corn plot was planted under less than ideal (wet) conditions and yield was less than satisfactory. The other snag was the lack of soybeans in my area this year. The farm across the road and the farm to the west normally rotate beans and corn. This year there should have been a few hundred acres of beans across the road but it is full of wheat. The farm to the west is a thousand acres of corn. So...my 2 acres of beans are getting hammered. I still have some beans up front so it’s not a total loss. Lesson learned.

I can’t say enough about the Egyptian wheat, wow, wish I started using this years ago. Same goes for the RR alfalfa, the deer are in it all day long.

Hope you all had a great summer, can’t wait to hear all of your stories throughout the upcoming season.

M8rRybj.jpg

OY9Zc3O.jpg

euFBbrN.jpg

1q3VGhq.jpg

YD4wUbr.jpg

n1siLhk.jpg

7KQyzDo.jpg

Wall of Egyptian wheat between me and the neighbor
3YlJyCY.jpg

oI3rFDo.jpg

c5TD5YQ.jpg

LXty38q.jpg

WYEHsO7.jpg

Last edited:
I didn’t get to this small, woods plot all summer and of course grass took over. Amazing what one mowing will do

HOqjUFg.jpg

Back field, alfalfa in the foreground, decimated beans behind the deer and a few corn stalks way to the right

VRCEeZQ.jpg

Looking GOOD Weasel. Lot of green showing at your place, and some big bucks are enjoying. Egyptian Wheat is crazy, huh?

I see why you haven't been on the forum for a while - YOU HAVE BEEN WORKING!!!!

As a result of that work, everything looks amazing and the deer think so too.

Good to hear from you - and congrats on having everything looking so great.

I see why you haven't been on the forum for a while - YOU HAVE BEEN WORKING!!!!

As a result of that work, everything looks amazing and the deer think so too.

Good to hear from you - and congrats on having everything looking so great.

I appreciate that NH, I pushed the limits with time and budget this year and it is very satisfying to see it paying off. Thankful for a patient & understanding wife!

Year five of improvements and things are starting to come together. The icing will be a tag on a mature buck. Fingers crossed!

Weasel, I have always followed your whole thread, even on the old forum. You are definitely creating a deer paradise on smaller acreage. Awhile back you posted about a plan you had done from a consultant, I'm curious if you are still all in the plan? Did you go with the switchgrass plantings and the whole fieldlayout? I am really curious to see it all come together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weasel, I have always followed your whole thread, even on the old forum. You are definitely creating a deer paradise on smaller acreage. Awhile back you posted about a plan you had done from a consultant, I'm curious if you are still all in the plan? Did you go with the switchgrass plantings and the whole fieldlayout? I am really curious to see it all come together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. Yes, I’m still all in the plan. Now that I have the layout base and different field sections separated, I can start the switchgrass. May try to frost seed some this winter.

Back