Clethodim hand sprayer/spot spraying rate

cutman

Administrator
Staff member
Many people have asked over the years how much clethodim to use per gallon of water in their hand sprayers. Until now, I've never seen a label that provides a definitive answer, but I finally found one!

Spot Treatment

When using hand sprayers or high volume sprayers utilizing hand guns, mix 1/4% to 1/2% (0.33 oz. to 0.65 oz. per gal.) CLETHODIM 2 EC HERBICIDE and treat to wet vegetation, while not allowing runoff of spray solution. For uses requiring crop oil concentrate, include crop oil concentrate at 1% (1.3 oz. per gal.) by volume. For uses requiring non-ionic surfactant, include non-ionic surfactant at 1/4% (0.33 oz. per gal.) by volume.

NOTE: If CLETHODIM 2 EC HERBICIDE is applied as a spot treatment, do not exceed the maximum rate allowed on a "per acre" basis or crop injury may occur.

The entire label is here:

https://www3.epa.gov/pesticides/chem_search/ppls/083222-00030-20150105.pdf

Ive used those rates and they work
Like the "per acre" rate,takes a while before grasses realize they are dead......

bill

Thanks for sharing. I'm a big proponent of always following labels, that being said, I always use the heavier .65 oz. per gallon rate for spot spraying clethodim for best results.

Back