Can anyone guess what this buck scored?

chadmyers

He was killed yesterday a couple properties over from mine. I couldn’t believe it when they told me. this family has killed other deer that made the record books in South GA, so I would think that their scoring would be pretty accurate. I will tell y’all what they said it scored after I get some predictions. Brooks County Ga buck
IMG_7843.JPG
IMG_7844.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

He was killed yesterday a couple properties over from mine. I couldn’t believe it when they told me. this family has killed other deer that made the record books in South GA, so I would think that their scoring would be pretty accurate. I will tell y’all what they said it scored after I get some predictions. Brooks County Ga buck
View attachment 13846
View attachment 13847

Those are the only pictures I have right now

Ok. I'll play. I feel like I need to issue a bunch of disclaimers, like I have pink eye and presbymyopia today....
I think it's only in the 140's. I'll take the middle. Scores 145. Maybe the point are a lot longer than I see them to be.

Most of y’all did way better than I did, but now I’m starting to 2nd guess their scoring.
This is what his son told me.
193 3/8
I thought there’s no possible way, but 2 different people that I hunt with confirmed it, and I know they can score good. Some of y’all are saying 180+ and I didn’t think it was that big. I will let y’all know when I see it printed.

Nice buck regardless. I don't see 190s. G5s are weak. G1s not all that impressive. Awesome G2,3s. Mass just ok. Width hard to tell in pic, beam length good. I won't go much over high 170s. Sorry I'm a tight ass.

To look at him I would say 178-184. I don't see 193, mass is weak. but I feel like the beams might be longer than the pictures show?

My initial thought was 190. Just taking a look and a wild guess. Hard to really know without at least some solid reference. G2-4 and main beams are very impressive. I’d be amazed if he’s not 180+.

I have to go see the rack in person because that picture doesn’t do it justice. Taxidermist thinks it’s gonna be the state record for Georgia. I hope he took better pictures than the 2 I posted.
Green score:
net 191 3/8”

I have to go see the rack in person because that picture doesn’t do it justice. Taxidermist thinks it’s gonna be the state record for Georgia. I hope he took better pictures than the 2 I posted.
Green score:
net 191 3/8”

The deer I’m about to post is of a young buck I had pictures of all last year. I probably won’t ever have another buck with this much potential. He was a once in a life time freak of nature! Most of y’all will probably think I’m crazy, but I honestly believe that he was only 2.5. There were several of us trying to let him reach maturity. 3 people saw him and let him walk. He made it to the very end of rut and then a boy shot him. The taxidermist even thought he was 2.5. I had hundreds of pictures of him from velvet until the peak of the rut. The pictures I’m gonna post were taken on the 2nd of November. These are the only pictures I have on my phone. I have many more pictures on my computer that are better for aging, so I will try to find more. Y’all give me y’all’s honest opinion on his age and what y’all think he scored?
I will also post pictures of a 5.5 year old buck that was taken the day before on the same camera. November 1st

IMG_7910.JPG

IMG_7908.JPG

IMG_7909.JPG

IMG_7905.JPG

5.5 year old buck on the November 1st

IMG_7912.JPG

IMG_7911.JPG

One more thing I found out that was interesting about that buck is that the guy missed with his first shot. Well, he kind of missed. His bullet went through his antlers.
IMG_8041.JPG

Chad, on the top buck, while I would much rather have a broadside pic, I think that buck is at least 3.5. I'm just going by what I can see, the pronounced brisket, length of his head, etc.

One more thing I found out that was interesting about that buck is that the guy missed with his first shot. Well, he kind of missed. His bullet went through his antlers.
View attachment 13861

Chad I cane believe it, the buck in my profile pic was the biggest racked and bodied buck I have ever seen in these parts, and he scored 171 1/8 as a 3.5 year old, and as a 2.5 year old he was probably a 130 inch deer. I would love to know what another year would have gotten him, or another 2.

Chad, on the top buck, while I would much rather have a broadside pic, I think that buck is at least 3.5. I'm just going by what I can see, the pronounced brisket, length of his head, etc.

Yeah, those pictures are probably the few that I have that makes him look 3.5, but I’m almost positive that he was 2.5. A boy killed him during post rut last year. He looked so small in person and with all that rack he only scored in the 130’s. The taxidermist also thought he was 2.5 and thought it was a late born buck. Not sure how they would’ve known that. If he was a 2.5 or even 3.5, I’d have loved to seen him at 5.5. I’ll try to remember to get some more pictures off my computer. You are right about those picture, the way his neck connects to his shoulders and the brisket make him look 3.5

Chad I cane believe it, the buck in my profile pic was the biggest racked and bodied buck I have ever seen in these parts, and he scored 171 1/8 as a 3.5 year old, and as a 2.5 year old he was probably a 130 inch deer. I would love to know what another year would have gotten him, or another 2.

You aren’t the only one. Do you have any trail cam pictures of the one you killed? I’d love to see that! That’s a nice buck you got. What county do you hunt in?

Back