Bermuda Triangle

Now need to find a gun and 40 acres for this guy born last wednesday!!!
1c4e0ca2d2f04c1431edacc480c340c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Congrats! I just had my boy on my birthday at the end of July

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So....how do you feel about the result of the logging thus far? I have logged twice and have enjoyed the results every time. It can be stressful, but n the long run it tends to be worth it as long as it was done properly. I also like that your getting the kids involved.... 2 of my 4 have been pretty involved on my place and to be honest I miss them when they are not there. The boy was a natural, but the daughter I wasn't so sure about, but she "manned up" pretty easily......natural born barrier breaker if I ever saw one!

So....how do you feel about the result of the logging thus far? I have logged twice and have enjoyed the results every time. It can be stressful, but n the long run it tends to be worth it as long as it was done properly. I also like that your getting the kids involved.... 2 of my 4 have been pretty involved on my place and to be honest I miss them when they are not there. The boy was a natural, but the daughter I wasn't so sure about, but she "manned up" pretty easily......natural born barrier breaker if I ever saw one!
I am very happy with the results. It needed to be done due to past high grading, storm damaged hard maple and mature dying aspen. We left the best trees and there are always deer in the logged area now. We bought the land in 2015 and there were alot of nice deer there, not because of the habitat, but because it was left alone. Improving the habitat is starting to offset the more frequent intrusions and pressure. Already have 4' aspen suckers coming up. Cant wait for to hunt it in a year or two! The logger dozed some trails and put in an access road. I bought an atv to getting work done and it is much easier now. Having trails makes getting the rest of the family out to walk around and participate easier. Prior to the logging, i had to park in the road ditch and haul all tools in with a ice fishing sled.

I am very happy with the results. It needed to be done due to past high grading, storm damaged hard maple and mature dying aspen. We left the best trees and there are always deer in the logged area now. We bought the land in 2015 and there were alot of nice deer there, not because of the habitat, but because it was left alone. Improving the habitat is starting to offset the more frequent intrusions and pressure. Already have 4' aspen suckers coming up. Cant wait for to hunt it in a year or two! The logger dozed some trails and put in an access road. I bought an atv to getting work done and it is much easier now. Having trails makes getting the rest of the family out to walk around and participate easier. Prior to the logging, i had to park in the road ditch and haul all tools in with a ice fishing sled.

Glad to hear. Many folks fear logging because of the horror stories out there. This fear then leads to delaying what really needs done and the habitat suffers. With some work and knowing what you want and selecting the right people to work with it can be a very beneficial process. It looked like things had gone well, but sometimes things are not always as they seem. I like seeing that little girl out there as well.....time goes by fast so enjoy it.

Now that we got rain in WI, I couldnt wait to go check the plots. Everything is coming in nicely for my first year at this and also had my first apple grow. Needless to say, I didnt leave the apple for the deer!
c6c0be189d9b5e677198ec93b2b103f0.jpg
39aafaee8d5d42ae6da94431d2273701.jpg
d0e5216011d99b5be17d00e19b0ce10d.jpg
0de1c20c9027c9981922cd24ded1dbfd.jpg

Man that power line right away looks like a great place for a big buck to die! Brassicas look to be off to a solid start.

Well the ol' truck got upgraded last night. Looks like its time to do some late antlerless hunting this weekend (gun in WI) and get some blood on it!
e45ce6c4b20b48b4b9db52444d06888a.jpg

Cut about 200 yards of "sidewalk" deer trail thru logging debris to connect an existing trail system, by several stand sites, to a long narrow food plot. Hopefully with all the logging debris, the deer will be inclined to take the path of least resistamce. Cant wait for everything to green up!
d73925667253f8d12057ed5c72c36729.jpg

The area in the last picture looks like it will be perfect for deer in a few years once some brush comes in. They will certainly use that trail

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum
I went back 6 days after i made the trail (yesterday) and it was full of tracks. Added a water hole for a stand setup and to futher define the use of the new trail. I used the hillside, piled dirt and logs so the deer will be broadside when taking a drink.
23e60e468140ce9332fde009563eb93a.jpg

Happy arbor day! I figured id take the day off an add more apples (chestnut crabs) and transplant some white pines that were growing in poor areas to next to a treestand that needs some background cover.
42c23b3081c247d848a79ea774e3cd51.jpg
54292a46fbf3547a7ed31336972671db.jpg
128fe083edc24ec9e5b838385200d218.jpg
8acb4935571f24110c7526bcd0cd81de.jpg

Very nice. Where’d ya get the chestnut crabs? I’ve got 3 dolgos now, so next year I’m looking to put in a few chestnuts.

Very nice. Where’d ya get the chestnut crabs? I’ve got 3 dolgos now, so next year I’m looking to put in a few chestnuts.

Motz Nursery in western Wi. Looks a bit far from you. I believe they get their trees from Baileys in Mn. You may be able to get them ordered by a Nursery near you or shipped.

Fyi, if you are going to use your lawn mower to spread lime in a wooded plot, keep the sticks away from the plastic cooling fins on the hydro fan!!!
33659c62a90eade92f7df1afe5b57c60.jpg

Shot my first Tom this weekend. It definetly pumped up my excitement for Turkey hunting, but it still ranks much lower than whitetails, in my book. Working on a fan mount for the man cave
1b62b4c0475bba88bff46df4e24b4f60.jpg
c8881d289c369509d4eb113665ad3ffd.jpg

Last edited:
Friday I pulled my 4 foot diameter cages off my trees planted in 2015 and re-purposed them to expand the orchard with some Freedom, Kinderkrisp, and Zestar apples. Then I re-caged the older trees with 1 foot diameter, cages mostly to prevent deer rubbing.
83ce2bcf10c7b3f2ee57be1389b45443.jpg
65dce1fc858a40b44ee94bf58ea7c3dd.jpg

Nice bird. Wait till the old mature birds that’s been hunted several times decides to play. He will hurt your feelings. Or wait until the Tom is almost in shooting distance and a hen rolls around in front of him and totes him off. That’ll get you going.

Back