Banks Feed Bank 300

Weasel

Sportsman's Guide has the Banks Feed Bank 300 for $189 if you are a club member. There's a code (SH2723) for free shipping too. I pulled the trigger on one because I like the fact that you can mount them on a 4x4 with a PVC sleeve to keep the coons off. No moving parts or batteries to ever fool with is great too. I'll keep you posted on quality and functionality.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...bank-gravity-feeder-300-lb-capacity?a=2133190

C15C0B89-2C5C-4B87-9D69-AFDB6E224269.jpeg

Last edited:
I am wanting something like that...trying to get away from the noise of the slinger and tired of feeding coons, crows, and hogs...

Did the same thing to me Johnny. Club member catalog I got says $188.99. I had to enter the catalog item number in the search page of their web site. BS that you have to do that. Anyway, enter D7B-584399 in that main search block. Also, the free shipping code is SH2723 to be entered at check out.

It will come up $209.00 until you add it to cart and sign in with your member account.

Banks makes good products, have two of their wild waters and they are awesome!

I checked them out at the ATA show and was impressed but I didn't want to spend $300. $189 is a no brainer, they seemed to be built very well. I also checked out the water tanks, very innovative product.

I have two of these feeders. They are great. Make sure you set up a predator guard with it (one made for a wood duck box works perfectly).
x2. Had 2 of em for 3 years now. If you have hogs they will loosen the feed ports with their snouts. Lost a couple of the wing bolts from pigs banging the ports. Solved the issue by screwing 4 inch metal screws throughout the edge of the plots into the base. No issues since. Put a critter guard around the 4x4 and your golden. Or, (I haven't tried this but been recommended), slide a piece of 6 in pvc over the 4x4.

x2. Had 2 of em for 3 years now. If you have hogs they will loosen the feed ports with their snouts. Lost a couple of the wing bolts from pigs banging the ports. Solved the issue by screwing 4 inch metal screws throughout the edge of the plots into the base. No issues since. Put a critter guard around the 4x4 and your golden. Or, (I haven't tried this but been recommended), slide a piece of 6 in pvc over the 4x4.

The 6" pvc does NOT prevent coons from getting up into the feeder. They simply jump up, grab onto the feed ports, then pull themselves up.

The 6" pvc does NOT prevent coons from getting up into the feeder. They simply jump up, grab onto the feed ports, then pull themselves up.
Thx for the heads up on the PVC. Use critter guards on ours but pigs will destroy the guards in a couple of years. With a critter guard, the most varmit proof feeder we have used to date. Just make sure to get the bottom of the feed port to at least 38 inches. Too low and pigs can get their snouts inside the port.
IMG_1184.jpg

05250398.jpg

Thanks for the reminder dogghr. This is the only one I have ever seen. Had a few tracks and this picture in the spring of 2015. Not a trace since. Hope it stays that way or bye bye Banks...neighbors and wildlife division say this is a very rare occurrence. I hope they're right.

FD3D3652-FF13-4B00-B0F6-0EB469E0BEAB.jpg

Banks recommends putting the ports at 42". If my coons can jump that high, I'm giving up on feeding the deer...

No piggies to worry about here 3C thank goodness. I just stacked up a mess of them in Texas last week though, details in the bowhunting forum.

Banks recommends putting the ports at 42". If my coons can jump that high, I'm giving up on feeding the deer...

My feeder is at the recommended height, and 1 coon has figured out how to get at it. If I remember correctly, you are supposed to start with an 8 ft 4x4 and bury it 3 feet in the ground. The feeder then sits on the 5 ft section sticking out above ground.

My feeder is at the recommended height, and 1 coon has figured out how to get at it. If I remember correctly, you are supposed to start with an 8 ft 4x4 and bury it 3 feet in the ground. The feeder then sits on the 5 ft section sticking out above ground.

Oh I wasn't questioning your set up, just saying, if my coons can jump that high, I give up :mad:

Looks like they shut that sale down real quick. Hope you all got one while the getting was good.

Sportsman's Guide has the Banks Feed Bank 300 for $189 if you are a club member. There's a code (SH2723) for free shipping too. I pulled the trigger on one because I like the fact that you can mount them on a 4x4 with a PVC sleeve to keep the coons off. No moving parts or batteries to ever fool with is great too. I'll keep you posted on quality and functionality.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...bank-gravity-feeder-300-lb-capacity?a=2133190

C15C0B89-2C5C-4B87-9D69-AFDB6E224269.jpeg

This is great in Ohio to put on edge of a plot. It keeps the deer coming in over your neighbors but they will graze in the plot as well. I would buy but I have too much going on right now anyhow. Thanks for sharing.

Those do look nice I just about gave up in keeping coons off feedersView attachment 6495

Little Ba$tards LOL I bought a Cyclops varmint gun light from Cabela's and one of these days I'm going to get even with those corn stealing ba$tards! Contacted the state trapping association but coon pelts aren't worth messing with I guess because nobody was interested in trapping them.

This is great in Ohio to put on edge of a plot. It keeps the deer coming in over your neighbors but they will graze in the plot as well. I would buy but I have too much going on right now anyhow. Thanks for sharing.

I had a bulky, noisy spin feeder for years but it finally quit working. I agree they are another nice piece of the puzzle in states like Ohio where feeding year round is legal. Can't wait to get this one and set it up.

Back