Banks Feed Bank 300

Little Ba$tards LOL I bought a Cyclops varmint gun light from Cabela's and one of these days I'm going to get even with those corn stealing ba$tards! Contacted the state trapping association but coon pelts aren't worth messing with I guess because nobody was interested in trapping them.

I had a bulky, noisy spin feeder for years but it finally quit working. I agree they are another nice piece of the puzzle in states like Ohio where feeding year round is legal. Can't wait to get this one and set it up.

I do have a few spin feeders. If you can keep the coons away I like them cause corn lasts forever!

We run all spin feeders on our place anymore... we would blow through wayyyy too much corn in such little time with feeders like Banks... but they do keep more deer around longer.. The timed feeders we could keep up with and what is kind of nice is you don't have deer hanging around all day and night.. our deer can actually time it up and literally hear it go off come in eat a little bit and leave haha.. but sometimes our turkeys will beat them to it and then nothing there for them! Like Buck said tho I love any feeder at edge of plot combo

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

I had to wrap my spin feeders in chicken wire to keep the coons from reaching through the "varmit guard" and hand spinning the spinner until the feeder was empty. I was amazed at how fast those little ba$tards could empty a spin feeder. They figured out how to squeeze through the chicken wire too. I'm hoping for some reprieve. I don't care if the deer eat it all fast. And the placement of this will be near the center of my property to encourage deer to stick around or at least have to move through my property coming and going.

$50 worth of dog proof coon traps would save you a lot of feed. Nothing to trapping coons if you have the time.

I thought about putting out some box traps while I was there for multiple days but I'm not there everyday to be checking on traps.

I thought about putting out some box traps while I was there for multiple days but I'm not there everyday to be checking on traps.

E308 is right. Those dog proof traps are easy to setup and easy to catch coons with them. I have hammered coons on my place with them. Still have more than I want around but they are easy to use and you can catch the coons in one night. Worth a look.

I've trapped countless coons over the years. The problem with catching coons around a feeder is it will scare the deer off from the area for a short while if there are distressed coons around the feeder making a racket and tearing up the place. Plus it's no longer trapping season in most places.

With fur prices as low as they are ( I have heard, I can't find a buyer that is still in business) they need to open a year round season. They make good fertilizer.

Sportsman's Guide has the Banks Feed Bank 300 for $189 if you are a club member. There's a code (SH2723) for free shipping too. I pulled the trigger on one because I like the fact that you can mount them on a 4x4 with a PVC sleeve to keep the coons off. No moving parts or batteries to ever fool with is great too. I'll keep you posted on quality and functionality.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...bank-gravity-feeder-300-lb-capacity?a=2133190

C15C0B89-2C5C-4B87-9D69-AFDB6E224269.jpeg
I bought this feeder back in November the deer didn't eat out of it hardly at all,but I kept it up they started hammering it this pass month

Got it all set up. I'll check the camera in a few weeks to see how its working. I mixed 200 pounds of corn with 50 pounds of 12% protein feed.

3629044B-8D34-4CBB-AB3B-4097E83A8A0E.jpg

98E11557-C098-4729-800E-0E4FCC2503A0.jpg

BF0B0172-CA23-4817-9829-5EFF6B5AF3BC.jpg

B43549E1-0F79-44B8-AFAF-87053D9572AD.jpg

Last edited:
I just ordered one for $188.99, they are still available. Thanks for the heads up on the sale.

Great! I was able to order two for my buddy using the spring catalog # since it has the $188 price in it. Tell them you have catalog #275217 and the item number is D7B-584399 - $188.99 It's the Spring Master Catalog 2017. Free shipping code SH2723 still worked too.

Interesting, I didn't know there was anything out there coons wouldn't eat.
They nibble on them a little sometimes, but they don't stay long and aren't really eating a quantity of them. A coyote will also nibble oats a little, but not really eat them.

Great! I was able to order two for my buddy using the spring catalog # since it has the $188 price in it. Tell them you have catalog #275217 and the item number is D7B-584399 - $188.99 It's the Spring Master Catalog 2017. Free shipping code SH2723 still worked too.
I just called and that free shipping promo ended on 03/20/17 they said. I am not a member so cost is $209.99 + $18.98 to ship...still not a bad deal...

They did want to know what page in the catalog that was on and I didn't have it...

Back