Banks Feed Bank 300

I went online and ordered it and they have a promotion for free buyers club for 30 days which gave 10% off and free shipping so I have it coming at the $188.99 price. I have been wanting a feeder that doesn't make all the noise that a spin feeder does because I have to listen to enough of that from across the fence while I am hunting. Thank You Weasel for bringing this to our attention!

721bd8ddcb4e1ec0e36a08392d2e1f40.jpg

Bought 3 from a local dealer here in Texas that makes a product called Buck Ration. It's a 50\50 mix of whole corn and roasted soybeans. Our deer really seem to like it. Anyway they were running a special the other day. Buy a banks 300 feeder for $250 and get 300lbs of Buck Ration for free. So I ended up getting them for about the same price when you consider the feed was free. Buck Ration sells for $11 a bag at the local feed store.

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Really? They wanted the page number? Geesh! I'll have to try to track that down, I passed the catalog on. Glad you were able to get one Johnny.

FYI: they go on sale regularly in the $188 range. I checked my records and paid that price in 2015 and 2016.

My email tells me mine will be here tomorrow...
Okie...You should like it. Put a critter guard around the 4x4 post. Only downside we had with ours is pigs will loosen the feed ports. The wing bolts will fall out if pigs are constantly nudging on the spouts. I don't think you have a pig problem now but keep that in mind if ever you do. We easily solved the issue by screwing 4 long screws thru the side of the feed ports into the base of the feeder.

Okie...You should like it. Put a critter guard around the 4x4 post. Only downside we had with ours is pigs will loosen the feed ports. The wing bolts will fall out if pigs are constantly nudging on the spouts. I don't think you have a pig problem now but keep that in mind if ever you do. We easily solved the issue by screwing 4 long screws thru the side of the feed ports into the base of the feeder.
I don't have a huge pig problem yet...I plan to slide PVC over the 4x4 to keep the coons out and set the feed ports to 42" as is suggested. Not feeding coons and crows should make my corn bill go way down...

I don't have a huge pig problem yet...I plan to slide PVC over the 4x4 to keep the coons out and set the feed ports to 42" as is suggested. Not feeding coons and crows should make my corn bill go way down...
I had mine at 42" high with pvc over 4x4 they still managed to climb on the pvc pipe so I installed a

Did you make the critter guard or buy one from somewhere? I'm going to have some mutant coons if they keep eating all my high protein feed.

Banks wants $65 for the pvc sleeve. Can you get it cheaper anywhere else?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The lid latches are weak, had a storm blow the lid off and soak 200 lbs of deer pellets, corn and oats. Installed a latch and purchased a 6" PVC pipe from Lowe' s. So far the pictures show it is keeping the coons out.
20170714_103023.jpg

Last edited:
Banks wants $65 for the pvc sleeve. Can you get it cheaper anywhere else?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I would try your local plumbing/electrical supply or lumberyard. I had a neighbor give me a 6' x 5' stick of 6" schedule 40 but I haven't installed it yet...

I have had my banks feeder out in the same location I have fed on the ground and used a spin feeder for years and have yet to have a deer at it. Feeder has been in place a couple months and I have only checked camera there 3 times...

Raccoons and squirrels love it though and turkeys come by and clean up scraps...

I have had my banks feeder out in the same location I have fed on the ground and used a spin feeder for years and have yet to have a deer at it. Feeder has been in place a couple months and I have only checked camera there 3 times...

Raccoons and squirrels love it though and turkeys come by and clean up scraps...

Same here I have had this planter in place for 3 to 4 months and not one picture of a deer at it. The spin feeder I had in the same location always had deer feeding. That was a waste of time and money, thinking about replacing with the old spin feeder.

Same here I have had this planter in place for 3 to 4 months and not one picture of a deer at it. The spin feeder I had in the same location always had deer feeding. That was a waste of time and money, thinking about replacing with the old spin feeder.
Hang in there it took for ever before they ate out of mine to. Every now and then I put a little corn around the feeder to keep them coming to the area now they eat out of it all the time.

They finally started using mine...I have been feeding rice bran under it for awhile and they finally figured out how to actually eat out of it...

22f47b1960dc82f1b7e533ce7c9a9b11.jpg

5dc94dcea8fdde2de05ad951d53c737c.jpg

fc66951a0a709b8028133c1fcb904a29.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They finally started using mine...I have been feeding rice bran under it for awhile and they finally figured out how to actually eat out of it...

22f47b1960dc82f1b7e533ce7c9a9b11.jpg

5dc94dcea8fdde2de05ad951d53c737c.jpg

fc66951a0a709b8028133c1fcb904a29.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just to clarify - So are you feeding rice bran through the banks feeder as well? If so, any issues with it caking up? Or hardening at the feeder ports with the humidity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back