2020 Native Habitat improvement thread!

Okie - We've got a new piece of equipment coming today that I can't wait to see in action - Extreme Mower from www.quickattach.com. Looks to be a beast of a brush mower on steroids. Has carbide teeth on bottom of blade carriage for shredding material to ground level. We've used a Bushmaster mower since 2012 that's still going strong but wanted something more aggressive to take out larger material. I'll post up pics and a review after we put it to work.

Finally put the Mower/Mulcher to use. It exceeded expectation. This is a beast of a machine. Paired with a JD333 High Flow CTL. 4 blades that rotate inside the blade carriage if needed. Carbide teeth on bottom of blade carriage to mulch material to ground level.
Mower I.jpg

Cutting into the section to be cleared.
Mower II.JPG

Afterwards.
Mower V.JPG Mower VI.JPG

Well that would keep my clear cut in good shape. WOW is right
lak...I posted pics of the west boundary firebreak road that we used the old Bushmaster brush mower to open up and clear out 2 summers ago. Brooks spent a day and half doing that project. I swear this machine would have done it in prolly less than 4 hours. It far exceeds expectation. Advertised to cut 10" soft wood trees and I'll tell you that it's more than cutting...It's like immediately down the second the blades hit the tree. Old one you had to gradually take it down from the top. This one you hit it at the base and it's gone. The carbide blades on the bottom of the carriage wheel perform as advertised. Obliterates the material. It's a sweetgum eating machine as well.

Last edited:
I was dropping a 4’ bush hog on top of 4-6” poplars last weekend Triple. Your attachment looks much more capable :).

So there I was...waking up from my colonoscopy I had this morning and groggily hearing the nurse telling me what I could and could not do the rest of the day...doc comes in and tells me I got a clean bill of health and my driver takes me to the restaurant of my choice on the way home. I get here and sit down to follow instructions and I guess my anesthesia wasn’t quite worn off because this is the next thing I remember....lol
72d84281c824d9b44374f8012321cac3.jpg

4859c99c8be964d2dd857958080d888a.jpg

27f9d4b3f74560528369c603f8e92b4d.jpg

b54e41b06fbfc17704e53611b2b37f28.jpg

13a344945f72054befa34661ed126cb2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have alot of work for you but I'm not the boss yet. I'll plant the seed..."i know a guy with a dozer"

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

So there I was...waking up from my colonoscopy I had this morning and groggily hearing the nurse telling me what I could and could not do the rest of the day...doc comes in and tells me I got a clean bill of health and my driver takes me to the restaurant of my choice on the way home. I get here and sit down to follow instructions and I guess my anesthesia wasn’t quite worn off because this is the next thing I remember....lol
72d84281c824d9b44374f8012321cac3.jpg

4859c99c8be964d2dd857958080d888a.jpg

27f9d4b3f74560528369c603f8e92b4d.jpg

b54e41b06fbfc17704e53611b2b37f28.jpg

13a344945f72054befa34661ed126cb2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okie - Openings look great. Are you going to put in food plots or let it go to early successional habitat?

Okie - Openings look great. Are you going to put in food plots or let it go to early successional habitat?
Thanks! It’s just going to be early successional habitat and edge...much too close to a fence and on a side hill to be planted food. Most of the trees I released are white oaks with a couple nice post oaks. I have made 4 small clearings in our woods like this so far and have more to make...

OKIE, slow down. You're gonna have so much bare soil I'll have to come plant some maters!!
The areas I am working on are areas I have studied long and hard since 2014 on. I never expect to kill a deer in one but I do expect to get some bedding and nesting in them when native grasses and briars grow in...rabbit habitat as well...

I have alot of work for you but I'm not the boss yet. I'll plant the seed..."i know a guy with a dozer"

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Whenever you are ready. I have 2 sites to look over today for work. A road/bridge fix and a pond dyke alteration.

Back