1st bow deer ever

Congrats on your 1st bow kill. Wife ain't doing bad either. You always remember your first but it never gets old with a bow.

Congrats on your first bow kill. Don't worry about getting busted, you will screw em up lots more ways besides drawin on em. I'm sure you can guess how I know that lol.

The mount isnt done, but here is the cheey sausage. Vox's Processing (johnsonville, sc).

I know it seems like culinary blasphemy to put an entire deer to sausage, but the flip side of that is the better the cuts, the better the sausage. I have no regrets. My bride grilled these for me to munch on while she heads to workie.

In a word, let that word be....

Yummo.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    356.4 KB · Views: 0
The mount isnt done, but here is the cheey sausage. Vox's Processing (johnsonville, sc).

I know it seems like culinary blasphemy to put an entire deer to sausage, but the flip side of that is the better the cuts, the better the sausage. I have no regrets. My bride grilled these for me to munch on while she heads to workie.

In a word, let that word be....

Yummo.
Glad you are pleased with the result. Please be advised the are numerous ways to cook venison that are quite tasty. Perhaps when you have more than one deer in the freezer you can explore those. But by all means ....enjoy.

Congratulations! I'll never forget my first bow kill. It was late October and I heard him grunting long before I saw him. Three does came running by and I saw him coming up out of the draw with his nose on the ground grunting the whole way. I stopped him at 10 yards for a heart shot. Had to sit in the tree for 30 minutes because I was shaking so bad. 100" 8ptr with a 15" spread. He is on the wall!

Congrats again!

Last edited:
Congratulations! I'll never forget my first bow kill. It was late October and I heard him grunting long before I saw him. Three does came running by and I saw him coming up out of the draw with his nose on the ground grunting the whole way. I stopped him at 10 yards for a heart shot. Had to sit in the tree for 30 minutes because I was shaking so bad. 100" 8ptr with a 15" spread. He is on the wall!

Congrats again!

Great story! Sounds like a dandy of a buck, too. I agree on having to sit down after the shot. The adrenaline is just a total wipeout.

When you geta moment, i would love to see that buck!!!

Again, congrats on the bow kill. And I was glad to find out who you were on the qdma forum. Always enjoyed the banter in your posts, and look forward to so many more.

Back