QDMA Organization

Small or large I don’t care. As a business you don’t screw your clientele. If I treated customers that way I’d be broke. They have lost any respect from my end. I’m sure they might survive but mission is going nowhere. Adios. Like with your children there is a proper way to say NO and they had an odd way of doing so to be run by supposed business savvy people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could there be any connection between your post content and the reason why they're so small?

Small or large I don’t care. As a business you don’t screw your clientele. If I treated customers that way I’d be broke. They have lost any respect from my end. I’m sure they might survive but mission is going nowhere. Adios. Like with your children there is a proper way to say NO and they had an odd way of doing so to be run by supposed business savvy people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you, Dogghr, but the "A" in QDM has gradually shifted from treating their membership as the customer, to giving their paying sponsors that treatment. I don't know why they are still allowed to retain their not-for-profit status, when the almighty dollar has clearly become their primary motivation. What started out as an effort to distribute knowledge and protect a resource has devolved into an endless fund-raising endeavor, with no objective, just a relentless accumulation of means. The worst thing, to me, is how the QDMA will actively bury hard-earned truths about deer management, if it threatens their ability to profit from associated misinformation.

In other words, they are willing to lie, and propagate lies, to make money, so yeah...they have lost all respect from me, as well.

The nice thing about this site is quality conversations about deer, habitat and hunting. If I want to read political crap in an "Us vs Them" attitude I'll go on Facebook.
You are correct. But I think QDMA is a tangent to politics. It is people who want to use the government to force their will on others. Which is the problem I have.

I got QDMA book, and believe in management. I just believe we should win hearts and minds over. I also believe I am no more important than another hunter.

Beliefs vary, and much of it is by where people live. Come back to city folks vote different. But they vacation a weak a year with people who vote different, and want to impose their will.

I have dicussed this with down state folls who have vastly different view. They believe every one is trophy hunter, who spends thousands a year. Don't believe anyone is meat hunter. Don't believe there are guys who just buy a tag every year, drive 20 miles, or less and go hunting. They don't need meat to survive typically. Those guys hunt off season. But they like eating venison.

Other problem I have had with these folks, is they don't realize every one does not bow hunt or muzzle load. I do. But most of the people I know, just gun hunt. They will say you have months to get meat. It is also different in the snow belt of Lake Superior, than down state. Population density is lower.

I think attitudes may be worse, especially with downstaters, since they hunt on private land only. My opinion is, if you didn't get your buck, shut up, and go deeper in woods. For record, I do hunt my own property last few years.

My cousin, few years ago finally got the big one, to put on the wall at camp. Now just wants meat. Doesn't need it to survive. Just likes eating it.

Lot of my online exposure to QDMA has been with down staters on MIsportsman forum. I have a sever dislike for down staters. Some just killed a bear in my yard. I really hate hound hunters. But that is another story.

My point is, is there is different views, and one hunter is not more important than another.

Not sure who is all on FB anymore but there is a group there called "Habitat Managers" and a guy asked if joining the Q was worth it or not......just an FYI.

I don't know why they are still allowed to retain their not-for-profit status, when the almighty dollar has clearly become their primary motivation...

I am not quite the QDMA-basher others are. In fact, I'm still a member because I figured QW was worth $10/yr. ($35 minus $25 Bass Pro Shops gift card), but I certainly don't feel any sense of loyalty to the organization.

I have seen this same thing happen to Boy Scouts of America over the years. Somewhere along the line it became more about raising money than developing young men. Sad.

I found the forum and liked it so much that I joined the QDMA. You got a nifty little tag under your name saying "QDMA member" or something along those lines. About the time it came to renew my membership, they took down the forum and I didn't renew. Glad some of the members started this place. Its a lot better without all the bicker over silliness(measuring peckers so to speak).

Exact situation for me. Just found this site though. I didn't renew my membership either.

Chainsaw had an AWESOME thread on there with the transformation of his property. Pretty sure it was him. Is that available on this site anywhere?

Regarding the QDMA question - how and why they closed the old forum was totally wrong. I was born in the early 1950's and my parents did a good job of teaching us three boys - right and wrong.

We lost 1,000 of useful posts and information due to their action. That was not necessary - it was their choice and they sucked up to their corporation benefactors.

I say what they did was wrong. The information on this forum is freely given by landowners and hunters who want to see our peers succeed.

I will sing the praises of the moderators on this forum - they keep our posts productive and stop discussions that are out of bounds. Not everyone should be posting if there methods are to attack and name call.

I have said I believe what the QDMA leadership did was wrong. My judgment - not name calling. I am done with them. For those of you that want to support them - I say good luck 'cause I think you sure are likely to need it.

Wayne

I am so pumped to have found this board. I learned more from you guys on the old board than all the hunting magazines/shows combined. That's honestly no joke at all. As others have said, it was just a mecca of information.

I didn't realize this was the same group of people at first, then started remembering some of the names. I never posted over at the old place, but I read it for hours upon hours.

I am so pumped to have found this board. I learned more from you guys on the old board than all the hunting magazines/shows combined. That's honestly no joke at all. As others have said, it was just a mecca of information.

I didn't realize this was the same group of people at first, then started remembering some of the names. I never posted over at the old place, but I read it for hours upon hours.

You are correct about the amount of knowledge these boards have. I read 3 forums that people from the old QDMA forum moved on to.

I
I have seen this same thing happen to Boy Scouts of America over the years. Somewhere along the line it became more about raising money than developing young men. Sad.
Follow the money, may be the root of it. Greed . But some people may not like men who perform oral sex on other men, leading their children.

The girl scouts take over may be about money. I am not sure that homosexuality was about money though. Sign of the times, I guess.

Back