Which Red Dot

cegawiv

I'm a new USPSA Shooter and considering trying the optics class in the future. I shot a Glock 35 and was wondering which Red Dot sight are people find useful, good quality, etc. I am leaning toward a Vortex sight probably the Viper. What are some opinions?

I'm a new USPSA Shooter and considering trying the optics class in the future. I shot a Glock 35 and was wondering which Red Dot sight are people find useful, good quality web, etc. I am leaning toward a Vortex sight probably the Viper. What are some opinions?
thanks in advance for any help

I like the Holosun 507 K, and I have a few other brands. On my carry gun, a S&W Shield Plus, I have a Crimson Trace. It’s a good sight, but it was bought as a package deal and was already on the gun when I bought it. On my M&P 10mm, I have the Holosun and I prefer it, not only for the reticle choices, but it also has a tiny solar panel on top that supposedly will work even if your battery fails. I didn’t buy it for that, but rather the reticle choices and the good reviews. It might be a little large for a carry gun, but in my opinion, just right for a duty, range, or match gun.

For competition I would pick the Leupold Deltapoint pro. Best all-around, probably Trijicon RMR Type 2.

I have used a vortex venom on a Glock 10 mm and a Benelli 12 ga. I like it. Went with the Venom since you can access the battery without removing the sight, I think on the viper the battery goes in the bottom?

Back