Laser Ranging Scope

yoderjac

A few years ago, I got an Burris OracleX laser ranging scope for my Mission Sub-One Lite crossbow. I've really come to love it. For bowhunting, it eliminates a lot of movement and is very easy to use. It virtually eliminates my ranging error. It accounts for elevation. At the push of a button you get an aiming point.

With rifle hunting, you don't have the same movement issues when deer are at ranges that require compensation. My current system uses a hand held range finder and a CDS on my Leupold scopes. I love the optics of my Leupold scopes and I have them on most of my rifles and muzzleloaders.

This year, Burris came out with new design of their laser ranging scope. It is the Eliminator 6 4-20x52mm. I avoided their previous model because of the form factor and optical quality. It sounds like they improved both with this latest model. I'm strongly considering trying one of these. I think it will be easier in a couple areas. First, it is one less thing I need to carry in the field. Second, one of the issues I have with my Leupold is low light. It is not the optics. They are great at light transmission in low light. It is the CDS dial. I rigged up a small light for it but it is awkward to use. I think pushing a button and getting an aim point dot like the OracleX is a better bet. I just hope the light gathering and optical quality is close to Leupold. It does have some other features like terminal energy calculation but I doubt I'll use things like that.

If anyone has tried it, or even if you just have thoughts, please share them. I realize the MSRP is astronomical but I can get enough of a discount to put the price on par with the non-laser-range-finding Leupold scopes I currently use.

I hope Burris has worked the bugs out. Not long after Burris came out with the rangefinder scopes my daughter bought a new Browning X-Bolt .308 and my SIL at the time picked out a Burrris Rangefinder scope for her. I helped her sight the gun in and really liked the scope and the concept so I bought one for myself. It wasn't too long and my daughters scope went dead so she returned it to Burris and got a new scope in return. Shortly afterward my scope went dead also. I sent my scope in and got another in return. Within two months the same thing happened to her scope with mine going dead shortly afterward. When we both got our scopes back we decided to put them on E-Bay, take a loss and suck it up.
We're Leupold fanciers now.

I hope Burris has worked the bugs out. Not long after Burris came out with the rangefinder scopes my daughter bought a new Browning X-Bolt .308 and my SIL at the time picked out a Burrris Rangefinder scope for her. I helped her sight the gun in and really liked the scope and the concept so I bought one for myself. It wasn't too long and my daughters scope went dead so she returned it to Burris and got a new scope in return. Shortly afterward my scope went dead also. I sent my scope in and got another in return. Within two months the same thing happened to her scope with mine going dead shortly afterward. When we both got our scopes back we decided to put them on E-Bay, take a loss and suck it up.
We're Leupold fanciers now.
Yes, I hope so too. I know I'm taking a chance on it. I've had the OracleX since 2021 and it has performed flawlessly. That makes me think they have worked the bugs out of the electronics and display portion. I think my biggest concern is how the shock and vibration will be tolerated. I have been leery of them. They don't have the reputation of Leupold. I kept waiting for Leupold to come out with one. They seem to be very careful and make sure their products are solid before release. They still have not come out with one, so I decided to try the new redesigned Burris Eliminator.

Time will tell. I'll report back.

I hope they have the bugs worked out by now. Burris has a good following so I'd hate to see their reputation tarnished over one product. I have a couple other Burris scopes (not range finding) which have been flawless.
The concept is great.

I would think they have. I went back and looked at old youtube videos. The Eliminator III was debuted at the 2014 Shot show. That was 10 years ago and they are now up the the Eliminator 6. That is plenty of renditions to work out the kinks.

I don't remember where I saw it but not all that long ago I ran across a listing for Burris refurbished range finding scopes. These would be repaired scopes returned for warranty.

I don't remember where I saw it but not all that long ago I ran across a listing for Burris refurbished range finding scopes. These would be repaired scopes returned for warranty.
That makes sense. There was no shortage of reported issues with the older models.

When I was googling for more info on the Eliminator 6 Burris Connect app details, I found this: Refurbished Older Model Eliminators. I figured I'd post the link in case anyone is interested in the older models. My research into the Eliminator caused me to steer away from the older models, but the calculus may be different for others.

Back