Live from the stand 2016!

I am on our deer lease again letting our 80 calm down from all the trailing we did Sunday. Hoping to get a shot at one of 5 shooters I know of using this area.
Dry, dry, dry and 54 degrees breezy from most every direction. Chance of showers they say later today.
After the morning hunt I am going to check on Home 10 and May or may not hunt this evening due to weather.
Wind shift and cooler temps will put me back on "whitetail hollow" for my first hunt since shooting the big deer there Saturday. Still some good ones left...

Yesterday I found out 1 of our 2.5 yr old 18" wide 88 lb dressed bucks was killed by another lease member on Sunday. I had been watching that deer since back in velvet thinking he would be a great deer in a couple of years...frustrating...

I had plans to sit all day yesterday. Stomach bug had other intentions... good luck to those hunting. I'm at the fire station today. Won't hunt again till thanksgiving morning! Ahhh! I can't take it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

89f3e2dbdea8eaa411522267711fba2e.jpg

Clover / chicory plot looking pretty good in spite of dry conditions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Good luck all. I am hunting vicariously along with you. Arrived in ft Collins Colorado yesterday and headed to steamboat springs for thanksgiving

Well. ZERO deer for the morning hunt. Girl wanted to stick it out for an afternoon hunt also we headed back to the main food plot where we saw 8 last night.
dfc17be817911f9bdf7350716d0fb1b5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I know acorns play a huge role in the food chain of many critters and winter survival but deer sure are a lot easier to hunt when there ain't any acorns on the ground:confused:

Finally another good wind to hunt the hollow this morning. Trail cam photos show some great bucks still using us in daylight and some new bucks at night.

Good luck everyone!

Good luck! I'm in the stand too. Had high hopes but wind is not doing what it was supposed to!

I had pictures of daylight bucks here yesterday but other than the ones my wife is seeing in the backyard while I am out hunting I am seeing none...

Fwiw I am pretty sure my fence sitters have started parking their truck next to my north fence...I heard them slam the door a few minutes ago...

I'm not even seeing many night time pics right now. Surrounding properties are seeing more pressure then they have in previous years. However, I Don't think this would make the bucks leave-just maybe more nocturnal. But, still gotta be in the stand to get a chance. Warden busted some spotlighters around my area Saturday night. Dorks were road hunting from a little Nissan car, also had some drug paraphernalia with them.

I'm not even seeing many night time pics right now. Surrounding properties are seeing more pressure then they have in previous years. However, I Don't think this would make the bucks leave-just maybe more nocturnal. But, still gotta be in the stand to get a chance. Warden busted some spotlighters around my area Saturday night. Dorks were road hunting from a little Nissan car, also had some drug paraphernalia with them.
Nice to have a warden watching your area

Back