Live from the stand 2016!

Dang Pinetag that is a good deer. Wish you would have gotten a crack at him. Never cared much for the dog runnin business.
I grew up with dog hunting but I rarely go anymore. I mostly bow and muzzleloader hunt these days and I have to join a club cause that's the only way I have land. Can't wait to have a place to call my own.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well had a great turkey day lunch with the wife and kids then blondie and I came out for an evening deer hunt. It was a beautiful evening but unfortunately no deer movement at all. Spending the night again out here and will be going back after Mr. Big Buck in the morning.

Had just an hour or so after I got home to sit in the stand. Saw one of the yotes I have been wanting to shoot but no shot. He was across the line.

Family all arrived and I left the woods at 10... I saw 7 does this morning and no bucks...lots of shooting all around us this morning. Had way too much to eat and played with the grandsons this evening. Looked out the window and we had 2 does in the backyard a bit before dark even after all the noise me and the boys made in the yard.

North wind coming in so again I will be on the hollow but shooter bucks on camera have dropped to zero and I hope they have found their safe place. If tomorrow brings nothing I will be changing my view for the weekend...

Sitting in the very noisy woods this morning. Between the squirrels, ducks, duck hunters, and acorns falling it's going to be hard to hear a deer walking this morning!

Saw a nice 8 pointer 25 minutes ago...perfect weather and wind. 36 with a Slight N breeze. 7:20 am here now...
Perfect morning here in okie land. Saw one buck at barely first light. Unable to make out if shooter but it was too far anyway. Lots of geese flying around.

Always fun to what hens fight over feeding areas. Such chaos makes me laugh every time I see it.

Good luck Kubota.

Had 2 does come out and feed then within minutes a fork horn came out. Sniffed the does then headed back into thick cover. Shortly after a flock of 8 Toms and Jakes bleseed us with their presence.

One deer at daylight for me. Pulled the card off the plot cam and noted a lot of radish tops chewed on.

Slow morning, no sounds of sticks breaking in the bushes nor any grunting and zero buck sightings. Does were back on the lawn and scattered in the driveway plot at dawn and out and about casually feeding before sunrise with no tail wagging or parading witnessed. From this mornings rut inactivity in fair conditions one would surmise that the rut at least for the big boys is winding down or over on this property unless a bunch of the this springs' fawns come into season soon.

Sitting in a thick and nasty swamp right now. I have left it alone but had a chance to get out early this evening and the wind was perfect. I just wish it was cooler. 71 right now. It would be better if it were 41. I have been extremely patient and have not shot a deer in over a year. This is more of a buck spot but if a doe comes out right at sunset she will provide the makings of a few good meals.

204a14f94e18d7ad97189df37b75a0c2.jpg

Sitting over a little bottom this evening on the ground. Never sat this spot before so it's as fresh a spot as I have right now...hoping something moves through before dark...
a41359285cd190cbe311bcf934bf78df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great deer! I was expecting to see a pic of a spike or something but that's a real beauty. Congratulations to you both. 120 yards is quite a poke also;Your grandson must be quite a practiced shooter.

120 Yard Shot is a great test of a young hunter's ability. Congrats to both shooter and guide.

Good buck.

Rough morning today. Around 7:20 this morning I looked over my nephews shoulder and a decent 6 pointer was slipping by at about 75 yards. I whispered my nephews name 3 times before he responded. By that time the deer had slipped behind a small hill. The way the hill is, sitting down covers anything behind it up but if you stand up you can see back there. I kept my eye on where I had last seen the buck....and when we stood up he was gone. So close yet so far away. The kicker was that my nephew had fallen asleep and never even saw the deer. The only deer to show up while I had him out hunting and he never saw a thing. We hunted the big field this afternoon and other than a ton of squirrels didn't have any action. I am torn on where to go in the morning. The smaller field we hunted opening morning hasn't been hunted in over a week, but even though the sign is everywhere I just don't have much confidence in it. This has been such a rough deer season.

Back