Elk Meadow Farm

Since purchasing our farm in June of 2015 we have done nothing with trying to control the vegetation problem in our 1 acre pond. My wife Sheila and I was at the farm store the other day and we picked up a gallon of Shore Clear which is supposed to take care of our Waterleaf problem. It is 18% Gly. This is a pic of what it looks like now but it will be infested by July. When it is all filled in I will spray 1/3 of the surface area every 2 weeks till it is eradicated.
7bf9bccdae8c4eb06d2d14aba7c73a19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

My dad headed out to the farm on Sunday evening for the start of turkey season on Monday. He calls me once he gets there to tell me the gate was standing wide open and the lock had been opened. I call the landowner next to me since an easement road is shared by both of us. He said the guy who does his hay was going to fertilize his fields. I arrived Monday morning to turkey hunt and neither of us got a bird. So I sprayed my fields with gly and pull my camera cards and headed home. Last night I downloaded the cards and was shocked and pissed to see numerous tresspassers driving around my farm. I have the fertilizer truck on camera at noon on the 13th and the other folks for the next 3 hours on my farm trespassing. The hay guy said the fertilizer guy was supposed to lock up but never did. Question is would you seek out and find the people driving around the farm who had no business being there?

I just hung up with the MFA they are going to talk to their driver to see what his instructions were to do whether to lock the gate or leave it open. I plan on door knocking this weekrnd to see if anyone knows the guy on the 4 wheeler and who owns that red truck.

The red truck was in there before the fertilizer truck by a few minutes so that one may be part of the fertilizer guys...

I know when I have folks working on my place while I am at work other folks tend to showup as well. Dozer and heavy equipment guys really attract people. Sometimes they come by to pay the dozer guy for a job he did and sometimes they drive by and see him working and pull in to see what he would charge them to do something...as tight as that truck was to the fertilizer guy I probably wouldn't worry as much about that one as much as the other nosey neighbor with the 4 wheeler and buddy that for some reason isn't on the wheeler in one pic but is on it in the other 2...things that make you go hmmm...

Well they just missed each other by 14 minutes...

Who opened the gate?
I have no clue who the guy on the 4 wheeler is but I am going to find out. The hay farmer opened the gates for the MFA to spread his fields and he said they were supposed to close them when they were done. On another note I did meet the deputy who lives down the road from my farm. I invited him over this Friday night for beer and a bonfire. I met him as I was leaving yesterday but had not seen my cards yet.

I know when I have folks working on my place while I am at work other folks tend to showup as well. Dozer and heavy equipment guys really attract people. Sometimes they come by to pay the dozer guy for a job he did and sometimes they drive by and see him working and pull in to see what he would charge them to do something...as tight as that truck was to the fertilizer guy I probably wouldn't worry as much about that one as much as the other nosey neighbor with the 4 wheeler and buddy that for some reason isn't on the wheeler in one pic but is on it in the other 2...things that make you go hmmm...
Exactly, I was wondering the same thing. I have pics of the one guy riding by himself and then he shows up 8 minutes later with his buddy.

Spent the weekend hunting turkeys with my son and son in law. No luck. It rained almost all day Saturday. My son in law had a cool find. Right behind one of our shooting shacks is a wood fence post that had fallen over but was still attached to the barbed wire. He grabbed it and a wren flew out of the top. We looked inside and there were 6 eggs she was sitting on.
83b946cba8629c7581f42bd9bdc44f74.jpg
808f2198feed9a58d7dbf461edcbd09e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

.Cool nest,while shed hunting this year my dog started going crazy over a stump but there was a possum in it.Do you use 2 locks or 1?I like it where you can tell who left their lock open but if your neighbor leaves his open then I would suggest he use a combo lock.Good luck on finding the trespassers

Back