Elk Meadow Farm

I scored my first tom at 12:30 this afternoon. 22# 11" beard and 1" spurs. They never gobbled and i guess they liked my new gobbler shaker call. Only there an hour and a half.
57789de5790a8496b49e6045a8114fea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Congrats on a fine bird! They seem to have become an endangered species this year around our area. Nice looking orchard plot with the clover / chicory combo.

Congrats on a fine bird! They seem to have become an endangered species this year around our area. Nice looking orchard plot with the clover / chicory combo.
Thanks CCC. I took my dads advice and picked up a shaker gobbler call and I think that made the difference. I did learn one thing about food plotting. Fall planted clover and chickory grows and does better than spring planted clover and chickory. I have 2 acres of spring planted that are really spotty but hopefully they will get going soon.

Bern a tough turkey season for us this year. Most Toms have been silent. Always a decision to stay put or run and gun. Congrats on a great bird.
Todd

Bern a tough turkey season for us this year. Most Toms have been silent. Always a decision to stay put or run and gun. Congrats on a great bird.
Todd
Same here on the birds not responding. I got a gobbler shaker call and they came to that. They would not respond to hen calls.

Same here on the birds not responding. I got a gobbler shaker call and they came to that. They would not respond to hen calls.
Well you know these are different times and turkey population is down. That might be reason!

Congratulations on your first, Satguy. That is a nice looking spot.

G
I get alot of action in this spot. I took my buck during gun season 20 yards to the left of where my blind is in the pic. We are closing out the season this weekend with my dad, son and son in law. Should be a fun time.

Planted 25 redbuds, 10 possumhaw and 10 blackberry nushes today. I have this one tree that boomed so pretty but did not know what it was. This is the bloom pic and the fruit pic. Is this a peach tree?
1484cb93222d82db832d7f869569a4c4.jpg
e99c41b6c7faa86f39266605468b5b8c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Me, my son and son in law closed out turkey season here in Missouri with no luck this weekend but we had a good time. We planted 45 seedlings I got from MDC. Weather wise it was probably the 2 best days in a row all season to hunt and we did not hear 1 gobble all weekend. Missouri needs to move the season back 1 week in the future.

Back