Bowhunting is taking a backseat?????

Mitch

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaa?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yes, for the first time in my life, my late October bowhunting is being put on pause. Why? Because the last time the Cubs played in the World Series I was -71 years old!!!!!!!! Last night was absolutely surreal. I have no voice. I haven't had a voice for a week now. So instead of heading for my land this next weekend and climbing in a tree and doing something I absolutely love.........Friday morning i'll be flying to Chicago!!!! BAM!

Because THE CUBS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!! I have no idea where I'll stay. I don't even care. I just wanna be there. I've been a Cubs fan since I was old enough to mess my own pants. To actually get to be in Chicago when they are playing in the World Series is truly a dream come true. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

GO CUBS GO!!!!!

Well, i am a Cards fan, but i said all year if the birds didnt make it then i hope the cubs give it a go.
I cant bring myself to root for them (or against) them though. :D

Have fun!

Help me out here.

Is the Cubs a baseball team?

I assume so since you mentioned World Series but I don't follow any "ball" sports...

Posted from my treestand...

I love your level of enthusiasm Mitch! Yes - Saturday was absolutely awesome. I about choked as my daughter looked at me in about the 6th inning and said, "I think we got this dad." What? NO - don't say that....bad things will happen! I was braced for a implosion, I really was, simply because.....well, it seems to be just the way things go for us. Once that final out was made - then, THEN I celebrated. The feeling was like killing the biggest buck of my life AND the excitement of Christmas morning as a child all at the same time.

My wife looked at me and said, "No, no, no......your children HAVE TO GO TO COLLEGE!" She knew what I was thinking. I see standing room only at Wrigley is already $2,000+ but oh what a party that will be. Just to be a part of it would be a memory of a lifetime.

There is a "short" on TV running right now called "Confessions of a cubs fan: a century of waiting" that I thought was pretty good. If you haven't seen it - it's pretty good.

Fly the "W" Mitch!!!
cubs.jpg

Help me out here.

Is the Cubs a baseball team?

I assume so since you mentioned World Series but I don't follow any "ball" sports...

Posted from my treestand...

Yes Okie - baseball. But not just any baseball.......this is CUBS BASEBALL. After decades of sucking and coming close the cubs are going to the world series for the first time since 1945. It has been over 100 years since the cubs have actually won the world series. This is a very special time for lifelong cubs fans.

My wife's Great Uncle. He is 102 now and still going. Imagine that for a moment. He's been a Cubs fan for 102 years and has never seen them win the Series!!! Go Cubs!

Al Nipper and I are both die hard Red Sox fans. The joy you are feeling is something I will never forget from 2004 (assuming the Cubs win one more 7 game series this year). Enjoy it all.

If bowhunting ever took a backseat for me for any reason I'm pretty sure I would instantly die. But then again I'm a Colorado Rockies fan so we have absolutely zero hope for ever going far in the post season let alone the regular season

I should also add that baseball is the reason this forum exists. Al Nipper and I met on a Red Sox forum...

Not THE AL Nipper????? Yes I'm showing my age here. This baseball card is from 1988, we are talking about the cubs, but this Al Nipper also played for the Red Sox as well.
AL.jpg

If bowhunting ever took a backseat for me for any reason I'm pretty sure I would instantly die. But then again I'm a Colorado Rockies fan so we have absolutely zero hope for ever going far in the post season let alone the regular season

Larry Walker and Dante Bichette were fun to watch twenty years ago, though. Walker was a heckuva' hitter.

Uh oh, an Indians fan. :D. Feel like the whole world is against you?
Baseball is a magical game. Nothing else like it. Sounds like we owe this thread to it. Hopefully we wont have to swear some loyalty to the Red Sox. :)

Uh oh, an Indians fan. :D. Feel like the whole world is against you?
Baseball is a magical game. Nothing else like it. Sounds like we owe this thread to it. Hopefully we wont have to swear some loyalty to the Red Sox. :)
Not feeling alone in the world today!! :cool: Some great pitching by by both teams first 6 innings even tho the Indians had a better handle on hitting. See what tonight brings. I'm keeping my mouth shut as there's a lot of playing to be done yet.

Good game tonight. Hustled home after taking the wife to nashville airport. Dead deer on the roads everywhere in KY.
Im a bachelor with baseball through the weekend. :p
Uh oh... 3-0 Cubbies now in game 2.

Tribe couldn't make a hit in slow pitch softball. I expected this. Great pitching by Cubs. Gonna be interesting. Advertisers love a drawn out series. I feel more alone today! :(

Turn about is fair play! Game #1 was great pitching and timely hitting by the Tribe and game #2 was the Cubs. Series moves to Chicago where temps should be warmer so it will be interesting to see how/if that impacts the game. I look for the ball to fly better. I have read that the Tribe plan on using a 3 man pitching rotation for the series, which will put pitchers out there on short rest. I realize you do what you have to do, but it didn't go to well for Kershaw and LA. Cubbies have to find a way to keep Schwarber's hot bat in the line-up (I figure he will return to LF).

Back