Are You Skeered?

So here are some numbers from NY. The epicenter. There are about 300,000 confirmed positive cases out of 19 million people. The antibody testing has been going on for a week now. So far, The antibody testing is showing 22% infection rate NYC area and 8% upstate for a average of 14% positive for the State. This I repeat is so far. The antibody tests are now ramping up and they’re available just about anywhere now so we’ll see what happens over the next couple weeks So even though this is the worst part of the Country the testing so far is you have on average 14 people out of a hundred having had it . not as many as thought for sure. Less than I thought actually but as I stated. This is , so far. Testing isn’t showing the 30-40% I would have thought. Just something to think about. They are running about 30,000 tests a day now here and wanting to get to 40,000 a day by next week.

WHO just endorsed Sweden’s no closure policy. It just keeps getting weirder and weirder around here. I really hope we’re able to put all this in the rear view mirror soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweden did close some things just not as many as other Countries.
Sweden assumes a culture of personal responsibility and interpersonal trust in its people. You’re never ever going to get progressives like Gavin Newsom or Andy Cuomo to go along with that!!!

Last edited:
WHO just endorsed Sweden’s no closure policy. It just keeps getting weirder and weirder around here. I really hope we’re able to put all this in the rear view mirror soon.

WHO endorsed not shutting down capitalism? Tell me you made this up.

New study.

Of note:

Risk communication messaging from government officials should incorporate the concept that this pandemic will not be over soon and that people need to be prepared for possible periodic resurgences of disease over the next two years

https://twin-cities.umn.edu/news-ev...utlines-covid-19-realities-advises-next-steps

The article points government officials towards continuing to shut things down. If so, this raises some serious questions. We know by now that this is a serious disease that kills people. I'm not the protester type, but I feel the ongoing protests are an indication that a lot of average people share concerns that longterm shutdowns being a dangerous thing for our country. The question in point that we don't know is how long can we have shutdowns until society collapses and the shutdowns start killing ten times more people than the disease will?

Traffic deaths seem to be way down. Data out of California says down 80% on their freeways. So maybe we’re a net 0

Attorney General Barr is starting to take notice of these lockdowns getting to be oppressive. Says he has and will step in if he feels they’re going to far.

The article points government officials towards continuing to shut things down. If so, this raises some serious questions. We know by now that this is a serious disease that kills people. I'm not the protester type, but I feel the ongoing protests are an indication that a lot of average people share concerns that longterm shutdowns being a dangerous thing for our country. The question in point that we don't know is how long can we have shutdowns until society collapses and the shutdowns start killing ten times more people than the disease will?

The article was just a summary of the research. In my opinion the acknowledgement that the virus will be with us 18-24 months supports opening up the nation now. Governments need to establish reasonable long term mitigation plans. The selective practice of shutting down the businesses of their choice isn’t working for governors.

They’ve now built up hospital capacity, have more ventilators than they could ever use and all the masks, gowns and shield are stockpiled. Time to let this circulate a while because testing in NY is showing only 14% positives on average for antibodies. 25% in NYC and where I’m at only 3% of the population has had it. Let it circulate now and maybe you can get up to 30-40% by the fall. That will help tremendously. If they ever get a vaccine then that will take it to 50% quickly but, what to do in the mean time. I don’t think they know. Maybe they just can’t admit that letting it go for a while is the right thing. Doing what’s going on now is obviously not going to work. As most people have predicted. We’ll give them their month or so but nobody’s going to stand for more of this lockdown stuff anymore.

And all this over control will begin to force people like me who only still work because I enjoy it, to choose to not put up with this chit any longer and go full time on the so called govt nipple/my money paid into SS, and then city, county, state, feds, lose the tax income from the business and employee paychecks , who then become unemployed and thus also begin to suck the free money/tax payer nipple. What part of ledger keeping do these idiots not understand?? Theres all this talk of bringing business back to the states, hell there isn't going to be a business large or small that can survive zero income for much longer no matter how deep the feds think their pockets are.

And all this over control will begin to force people like me who only still work because I enjoy it, to choose to not put up with this chit any longer and go full time on the so called govt nipple/my money paid into SS, and then city, county, state, feds, lose the tax income from the business and employee paychecks , who then become unemployed and thus also begin to suck the free money/tax payer nipple. What part of ledger keeping do these idiots not understand?? Theres all this talk of bringing business back to the states, hell there isn't going to be a business large or small that can survive zero income for much longer no matter how deep the feds think their pockets are.
That is the plan. Make everyone totaly dependent on the gov to give them what is needed to survive.

That is the plan. Make everyone totaly dependent on the gov to give them what is needed to survive.
Depending upon someone else to support you leaves a bad taste in your mouth. What makes it even more unpalatable is the fact that our government is 23 trillion in debt already. Me and the majority of Americans would rather just go to work and support ourselves. Govenors, get out of your mansions and look what's going on. We need to protect the elderly and the high risk individuals, but let the young healthy people go to work before they forget how.
Wow, I just need to take a chill pill and remember that this is a deer hunting site.

Depending upon someone else to support you leaves a bad taste in your mouth. What makes it even more unpalatable is the fact that our government is 23 trillion in debt already. Me and the majority of Americans would rather just go to work and support ourselves. Govenors, get out of your mansions and look what's going on. We need to protect the elderly and the high risk individuals, but let the young healthy people go to work before they forget how.
Wow, I just need to take a chill pill and remember that this is a deer hunting site.

I’m with you 100%, so don’t stop now. I feel the same way as you even at the start of this whole shutdown thing. Preach on brother.

Our governor did say on public television that if an employer called an employee and told them to come back to work and they didn’t, that the employer needed to call his office and report the employee so they could stop their unemployment checks.

That’s just standard unemployment benefits criteria. If you turn down work your out of luck. What gets me is the definitions of essential work. The government has way overstepped saying who can and can’t work. There’s no way a greeter at Wally World is allowed to go to work everyday but doctors and nurses at ambulatory surgical centers are told they’re non essential.

I would have agreed a few months ago. Now I'm not so sure the majority of Americans would rather go back to work. A huge percentage of the population (majority in some areas) are happy with the shut down and many want to stay locked up until the government can "make them safe"....sad.

That’s just standard unemployment benefits criteria. If you turn down work your out of luck. What gets me is the definitions of essential work. The government has way overstepped saying who can and can’t work. There’s no way a greeter at Wally World is allowed to go to work everyday but doctors and nurses at ambulatory surgical centers are told they’re non essential.
Agreed. It's been a complete mess with governors playing mini dictators deciding who can and who can't work. This really needs to end soon. We need to find creative ways to keep the elderly safe (especially those in nursing homes) and let everyone else decide if they want to work or not. This has been a crazy experiment infringing on the freedoms of American citizens.

Oregon just extended their shutdown to July 6th!!!

Years ago my dentist gave me a paper that said they treat every patient as if they have an infectious disease. They take every precaution yet. They are shuttered. A whole office out of work because the government says they can’t be open even after years proven to be safe. You really have to look at this and say You still get your mail, UPS and FEDEX working overtime. Amazon and the rest hiring. Most factories around here are open. All the home centers and grocery are open. Gas and convenience open. Everyone that isn’t working is hanging out at all these places. Who exactly is flattening this curve?

I did see this website has redone their modeling and at one point had deaths as low as 60k. Now back up to 135k.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

I think we all know this will spike, it's just when the right time to pull the band aid is what everyone seems to be grappling with. I really don't want the health care systems overwhelmed and leave life/death decisions on the shoulders of nurses, but I understand the sentiment to open right away and "build immunity.

Back