Are You Skeered?

I’m not wishing my demise but I’d rather kick it by way of an engine than pass w a ventilator pumping me like a Ho on Main Street. Of course I’m being a bit facetious. Always like your pimped rides.
Anyways went for long drive to social distance today and do some trout fishing. On our way home along a mostly deserted road my wife and I saw an older lady trying to manhandle a stuck zero turn mower. Yes!! A zero turn. She was at least mid 80 and was mowing along the road. We went and turned around to help her. Honest she looked dressed for church. We finally managed to unstick the mower from the storm drain she was in. Said she wasn’t really used to this mower as her son usually mowed. Thanked us and the Damn woman hopped back on the mower and went back to mowing as we drive off. Was so much my own stubborn mom it wasnt funny.
Life plays some odd tricks on who interacts with us along our journey. Right place at the right time. Hope I stay that stubborn thru whatever years I have left. Stay safe people and live long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zero turn mowers get stuck so easy it isn’t even funny. I stuck mine in a kind of remote part of our other property a couple weeks ago near the pond and the only thing I had there to unstick it was my bulldozer...it worked though!
I commend you guys for stopping and helping the lady because many would not have.

^^^^^^^^^
Ever notice how we always get stuck "in a kind of remote part of the property?"

Seems Im always stuck on "the backside of the place" and walk back spewing a profanity laced soliloquy.......

bill

DC said ... "My brother had a Datsun when they first came to the USA, and he used to brag about the gas mileage. I told him that was because each time three of us went fishing his truck sat at home !"

How true ... it was crowded with 2 people in the cab; with a short wheel base ... your ride was like a carnival/circus ride.

I had one; with a 4-speed manual tranny ... didn't really need to worry about a bad battery, just give it a shove, hop in and pop the clutch in 2nd gear. AC by mother nature; a fiddle and a furnace comprised the comforts. However, it ran on fumes, almost floated through mud with wide tires and was a fun little truck. Another work truck I enjoyed was a Tacoma, 4WD with a 5-speed transmission; drove that truck 185K and it rusted out without even being close to wearing out. Now, you can't even buy a manual transmission in a Toyota vehicle; guess that says more about me than the design of modern vehicles. My current truck - a 4WD, Chevy Z extra cab, with a long bed - loaded with bells and whistles I never ring or blow - is comfortable, and gets me in and out of places I shouldn't go. However, it takes a football field (not really) to make a circle turnaround in it. Currently, I'm ready to buy another one; hope they will be almost giving them away when the virus issue subsides ... maybe a Ford this time.

Good to see for my home state that we are opening up office buildings for non customer facing locations next Monday. Social distancing still required, but that should help for office buildings that don't have work from home options.

As said before, it's all tied to testing. MN previously has tested about 50k people total, but with a partnership between the University and Mayo clinic, it looks like now we will be able to run as many as 20k per day, allowing us to ramp up the opening of our economy.

Good to see for my home state that we are opening up office buildings for non customer facing locations next Monday. Social distancing still required, but that should help for office buildings that don't have work from home options.

As said before, it's all tied to testing. MN previously has tested about 50k people total, but with a partnership between the University and Mayo clinic, it looks like now we will be able to run as many as 20k per day, allowing us to ramp up the opening of our economy.

I hope that works out for y’all. We’re dipping our big toe in the re-opening process here. Still aways from restaurants and such opening I think, but some businesses that previously were shut down are gonna reopen with guidelines.
Maybe I’m crazy, but to me reopening restaurants and such is a no brainer. Take out half the tables, let only family members sit together, and make customers have reservations to dine. Put a decent time limit on how long you can stay. They already allow takeout, so kitchen staff are handling your food already if that’s a concern. I’m sure something is wrong with this plan, but I can’t see it. o_O

Most of this probably of no interest to most but thot some might like the given known at this time history of Covid and its presumed path from China.

https://decisionsindentistry.com/ar...cf717992aed24509ac0dcb420ec3d789d53e3f8627507

Thanks. I will take a look at that. The whole virus thing is intriguing. On the one hand it see.s brutal, affects so many parts of body, blood clotting even for folks on blood thinners, wipes out group settings like a nursing home. On the other hand so many conspiracy theories all the way to Bill Gates wants to control population growth and deep state Fauci is at heart of it.
I welcome a rational discussion

Sooo, here's my opinion:
I was scared of the virus once it hit Italy and it wrecked their healthcare system. I hunkered down and waited for our data to come in and I am far less scared of the virus today. None of our hospitals were overwhelmed, not even in NYC, which just shows how much better our healthcare system is than Europe's. We currently reside in Hawaii and we are projected to have a total of 20 deaths by August 4th. I believe we already had our wave of infections in January/February since we receive 30K visitors per day. It went unnoticed. I don't think the lockdowns are necessary outside of high density populations. I think people with underlying health conditions should self isolate and evaluate the risks they think are worth taking. Then live their life accordingly. I am very concerned that the government has completely overreached in arresting and fining people who have a near 99.1-100% chance of surviving the virus if infected. If they can lock us down for this there is no limit to their power. I would propose every elected official receives $0 income for the period their state is in lockdown. If they are telling others they cannot earn an income, then neither do they. I would dock government employees' pay by the same percentage as the unemployment number. In Hawaii, that means elected officials would receive $0 income until "non essential" workers can return to work and state employees see a 37% reduction in pay since that is our current unemployment number. Like the Costco loudspeaker said on loop for the hour I stood in line, "We are all in this together." Government officials and bureaucrats should not be immune to the negative consequences of their policies.

I’ve been saying same for weeks. Let those that promote lockdown go wo pay like the rest of the crowd. Bet they change their thinking.
We are about to reopen beginning this wk in WV. Less than 3% positives overall. Hospitals empty. 33 deaths. We will b social distancing for months perhaps years. But technology was driving us toward antisocial behavior long before this.
If it would ever stop raining and winter would end, I’d be done w this discussion. But since the weather has me more on lockdown than the govnt then sure can’t talk much of Random Clusters can I ???
On a side note I’ve got lots of things done at the house. Even got the Harley cleaned and advertised for sale. Still keep riding but downsizing. I have my 200 th bday today. My cross country days may be disappearing. Have rode 44 states and good bit of Canada. Met a lot of great people on the backroads of this country. Always treated good whether I was in the middle of Kansas wheat fields or the bowels of poverty in DC or NY. People can be awesome if given the chance. Stay safe people and share the Love.
5d9e3a2ba5b97ad14780f76609ee9fb3.jpg

Last edited:
I would propose every elected official receives $0 income for the period their state is in lockdown. If they are telling others they cannot earn an income, then neither do they. I would dock government employees' pay by the same percentage as the unemployment number.

I agree with the statement about elected officials not getting paid until the lockdown is lifted but to say you would dock government employees pay with the percentage as unemployment just hits a nerve with me. There are government employees that are considered essential and work every day, just like the disease never happened. So with your statement you are saying all military and government employees that put their own life at risk going to work each day to keep you safe should get a deduction in pay is just so wrong. I for one have not missed a single day of work because I’m essential in keeping you safe. So why don’t you take 37% of your husbands wages and give it to charity, since he is employed by the government. Not disrespecting you but you need a reality check.

There are many private sector essential workers that even though considered essential are still out of work. Shouldn’t be any different for government employees. If a State like NY says they’re going to lose 10-12 billion in revenue from this shutdown then it’s simple. Cut 10-12 billion out of the budget. Doesn’t matter if their essential or not. Cost need to be cut and they’re not doing it. Somebody else will pay they say, or wish anyways. If these governments, local and State cut their budgets the same as they’re forcing private sector to do then it would only be a matter of minutes before all this shutdown stuff ended. The Governor of Ny says he’s putting a hold on raises. Whoa. What a bold move. Lol. Same old same old. Do as I say not as I do. We’re all in this together they keep saying. Not really, not at all. Only some are in it If we’re all in it together then put everybody in the same boat essential or not.

Last edited:
God Bless America. PBR IS LIVE!!! Prayer before start. And no kneeling at National Anthem. Who would’ve thot CBS could not have a coronary.

I agree with the statement about elected officials not getting paid until the lockdown is lifted but to say you would dock government employees pay with the percentage as unemployment just hits a nerve with me. There are government employees that are considered essential and work every day, just like the disease never happened. So with your statement you are saying all military and government employees that put their own life at risk going to work each day to keep you safe should get a deduction in pay is just so wrong. I for one have not missed a single day of work because I’m essential in keeping you safe. So why don’t you take 37% of your husbands wages and give it to charity, since he is employed by the government. Not disrespecting you but you need a reality check.
I'm referring specifically how state governments and budgets are managed. Federal government lacks the authority to lockdown (state governments may too) which is why they only put out guidelines not laws. I'm specifically referring to states and legal action taken against their citizens. In Hawaii, the state is going to go bankrupt trying to kill a gnat. The state employee's weren't willing to entertain a reduction in salary even though their revenues are not coming in to pay them. Math is math. Many people in the private sector are working harder and earning less too. I have thoughts on the federal budget, but not specifically for this thread. I'm a BIG Dave Ramsey fan and I think we can only venture so far before gravity asserts itself as a reality. Those who will get paid regardless of the economic situation should be extra charitable right now...with their family, neighbors, and community.

I’m not wishing my demise but I’d rather kick it by way of an engine than pass w a ventilator pumping me like a Ho on Main Street. Of course I’m being a bit facetious. Always like your pimped rides.
Anyways went for long drive to social distance today and do some trout fishing. On our way home along a mostly deserted road my wife and I saw an older lady trying to manhandle a stuck zero turn mower. Yes!! A zero turn. She was at least mid 80 and was mowing along the road. We went and turned around to help her. Honest she looked dressed for church. We finally managed to unstick the mower from the storm drain she was in. Said she wasn’t really used to this mower as her son usually mowed. Thanked us and the Damn woman hopped back on the mower and went back to mowing as we drive off. Was so much my own stubborn mom it wasnt funny.
Life plays some odd tricks on who interacts with us along our journey. Right place at the right time. Hope I stay that stubborn thru whatever years I have left. Stay safe people and live long.

I don't like anything hemi or mopar although I own multiples of them by default, my mechanic likes to fix them. But I'm very impressed by guys who stop to help little old ladies on stuck lawn mowers. Hat off to a great American!

If people don’t like what their state government officials are doing then I would suggest that you vote them out and if that doesn’t work, move to another state that didn’t put as many restrictions to their state. There is plenty of research one can do to make that decision easy.

As for the federal stimulus money or the $600 extra stay at home money, it is election year and you have been played. Do you actually think that money is free to you? If you do you are a fool. Wait till next tax season for this fiscal year, the government is going to hold that out of your refund that you will get.

Government is always going to do what they want to do without asking anyone’s permission, so I say get over it and move on. If your not happy in the USA then move to another country and see how that works out for you. Nobody needs a reduction in pay with all the free money being handed out right now.

If people don’t like what their state government officials are doing then I would suggest that you vote them out and if that doesn’t work, move to another state that didn’t put as many restrictions to their state. There is plenty of research one can do to make that decision easy.

As for the federal stimulus money or the $600 extra stay at home money, it is election year and you have been played. Do you actually think that money is free to you? If you do you are a fool. Wait till next tax season for this fiscal year, the government is going to hold that out of your refund that you will get.

Government is always going to do what they want to do without asking anyone’s permission, so I say get over it and move on. If your not happy in the USA then move to another country and see how that works out for you. Nobody needs a reduction in pay with all the free money being handed out right now.

I’m not sure who this is directed at but obviously your hackles are up.

Some of us don’t have a choice what state we’re living in and the majority of the state governments are currently in the biggest power trip I’ve ever witnessed. America is (or was) the land of the free, why should we roll over now?

Obviously the stimulus isn’t free, the only ones ignorant enough to think that are the same ones that thought President Obama was personally buying the government hand out cell phones a few years ago. Our tax dollars are being thrown around, the dollar is being devalued and unfortunately no amount of voting is going to fix the problem.

I’m not sure who this is directed at but obviously your hackles are up.

Some of us don’t have a choice what state we’re living in and the majority of the state governments are currently in the biggest power trip I’ve ever witnessed. America is (or was) the land of the free, why should we roll over now?

Obviously the stimulus isn’t free, the only ones ignorant enough to think that are the same ones that thought President Obama was personally buying the government hand out cell phones a few years ago. Our tax dollars are being thrown around, the dollar is being devalued and unfortunately no amount of voting is going to fix the problem.

It was a broad statement.

It will go down in history as a failed response. Virus’s don’t change , it’s just our response to this that is perplexing. We’re only 2 months into this and things are becoming much more clear. Antibody testing is going to prove this out. Prelim results in NYC show 1 in 4 people have had the virus already. If the virus was allowed to circulate it would be way higher now. Probably up to herd immunity. And the same amount of people would likely have still succumb to the virus. The only thing that’s happening with these lockdowns is postponing the inevitable over a longer period of time. Of course you don’t want to overrun the healthcare system so there is a balance. But there was no balance in this case. Protect the vulnerable and let the healthy circulate. It’s how we’ve lived forever. Except now.

Back