2020 Live from the Stand

biv32zK.jpg
Wow..... Just wow. That is an amazing animal.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Native: Would like to see more pics on this buck. Whole body. Live. Etc. Please post on your habitat thread!

And congratulations on an outstanding buck. Hopefully you'll post the story.

Deadeye, I don’t know where in the shoulder you shot her, but the high shoulder is my go-to shot since I’ve gotten older. I’m not fond of dragging a deer 150 yards out of the woods anymore. Mine drop where they are if I do my part.

I hope the tracker is able to find her, I’m assuming she has a tracking dog, so she should be able to. Good luck !

I aimed pretty much center but pretty sure I also pulled the shot forward. Reason I say that is she dropped down at the hit (I was expecting her to go down) stumbled forward a few steps, then came back up and ran. I could see blood on the front lower body right near the leg while it was back.

I honestly thought I’d find her no problem. Not sure why no blood unless I hit the brisket.

If it can be found her dogs will find it.

She is a Nationally Certified Blood Tracker.

She is in very high demand all over the Upper Florida, lower AL and Ga areas.

I’m just lucky she lives like 10-15 minutes from out property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well she found it or her dogs did.

They picked it up and ran right to where it was bedded. Unfortunately I had made a bad shot and hit more brisket than vitals.

They jumped it and took it out to 875 yards before she called them off.

Better to know that not know I guess.

Wouldn’t take anything for coming out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much everyone for the great comments. I will update my habitat thread with more pics and the story ASAP - hopefully tonight but tomorrow for sure. Two different scorers have measured his net typical score the same, so he is going to be a Boone and Crocket, even with a little shrinkage from drying. His gross score is 186+ and his net typical score is 174+. He had 14 scorable points and was a mainframe 12.

Thanks so much everyone for the great comments. I will update my habitat thread with more pics and the story ASAP - hopefully tonight but tomorrow for sure. Two different scorers have measured his net typical score the same, so he is going to be a Boone and Crocket, even with a little shrinkage from drying. His gross score is 186+ and his net typical score is 174+. He had 14 scorable points and was a mainframe 12.
Wow, that's awesome!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Awesome buck Native, and from what I’ve seen or your property, well deserved. Congrats !

Well not live right now but I went this morning and saw a nice young buck and 5 does. My target buck has been getting closer and closer to daylight and I know where he beds and comes from. This evening I went out about 2:45 pm and got in a tree I call the bat tree that I named this because it is a large pine and 1 of my first sits in it a few years back I found a bat right behind my head under the bark. At about 3 pm I was looking down at my phone and I heard a very close shot and since I can hear my west neighbors really well from there I thought it was them just busting one off behind me. Very hard for me to get a direction when it’s close and single...I sat about 35 more minutes and I heard a truck driving through the brush on the property north of ours where most of the deer come from. The truck pulled up out of sight but I estimate 75 yards from the fence and load a deer I never got to see. I heard tailgate drop and then 2 guys talking and tailgate close and then they drove off...camera survey will tell the tale...if it was my target my season is over. No other buck I will shoot that I have seen or had photos of...

Was hunting the Massey this evening and ended the night by visiting with 3 deputes and a game warden. Seems like a deer was poached off a neighbor, and between my account and the accounts of a couple others, they should be knocking on a door right about now. I hope somebody gets busted; they popped off a shot right in my direction!

Back