Live from the stand - 2023

I was live at 5:00 this morning boys, got up early enough to slip into town for a drive-thru of coffee and a bacon and egg taco. Still got in my stand 45 minutes before I could see anything. About 7:45 as I was contemplating the utter failure of my food plot a pretty three year old walked out of the woods. I had this buck on camera many times this summer on my blocks and at my protein feeder. We are a one buck county unless you want to shoot a spike (I don’t) so I let him slide. That may be foolish on an 80 acre place but if he escapes the fools next door he’ll be much better next year. Maybe !View attachment 26861
That's a shooter in Pa because he probably wouldn't be around next year. But I admire you for giving him another year.

That's a shooter in Pa because he probably wouldn't be around next year. But I admire you for giving him another year.
That buck would have been a shooter for me if I didn’t have two other places to hunt MM. But…..there’s always a but…..if I had shot him, I would’ve been done in this county and I couldn’t shoot one of these !😁IMG_0226.jpegIMG_0083.jpeg

I probably should have added that the probability of me seeing one of those bucks pictured is not high, the rut is over ! But…..another but…..they may start showing up later this month to put on a little of that weight they lost while chasing tail. Our rifle season is over the first Saturday in January but MZ season picks up and goes for two more weeks. I ain’t proud, I’ll break out the CVA in a heartbeat !😁

I probably should have added that the probability of me seeing one of those bucks pictured is not high, the rut is over ! But…..another but…..they may start showing up later this month to put on a little of that weight they lost while chasing tail. Our rifle season is over the first Saturday in January but MZ season picks up and goes for two more weeks. I ain’t proud, I’ll break out the CVA in a heartbeat !😁
Well how is everyone doing this evening, one thing I can say that I have not ever tried or done, fire a primitive weapon, muzzle loader, black powder rifle I know plenty of people who have and do, just never tried, maybe I should, but have a good night,

Having a good food plot with limited hunting pressure is key to getting a nice buck after the rut

Don’t often have a signal, do tonight tho. Hunting at the in-law's. Might try to tag a doe if I get the opportunity. Gonna be a beautiful evening, got almost an inch of rain yesterday.
West…
72445415810__68C91771-B06C-4818-A4D0-2F61C9C8ED34.jpeg

East…
72445418763__8B8F1501-3608-49BA-9588-BC91F1384802.fullsizerender.jpeg

Greensburg, LA
Pine plantation
43 degrees, mostly cloudy with5 mph north wind
Anderson arms AR15 chambered in 7.62x39

Deer or pig this morning, let’s go!

Attachments

• IMG_2557.jpeg
    IMG_2557.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 10
Louisiana area 9
38 degrees, clear skies with a light NW wind
1970 Marlin 336 30-30 loaded with 170 gr soft points.

Hunting a makeshift blind I threw together for my dad at the swamp’s edge. The deer been hitting the rice bran hard here, now if a legal buck will show up. The rut should be happening or about to, let’s go!IMG_2576.jpegIMG_2575.jpeg

Back