Live from the stand - 2023

Louisiana area 9
38 degrees, clear skies with a light NW wind
1970 Marlin 336 30-30 loaded with 170 gr soft points.

Hunting a makeshift blind I threw together for my dad at the swamp’s edge. The deer been hitting the rice bran hard here, now if a legal buck will show up. The rut should be happening or about to, let’s go!View attachment 27030View attachment 27031
Good luck. You must be relatively close to where I live. I live in Ascension parish. Area 9 is a tough spot depending on where you are. Those palmettos aren't real fun to walk through.

Good luck. You must be relatively close to where I live. I live in Ascension parish. Area 9 is a tough spot depending on where you are. Those palmettos aren't real fun to walk through.
Yeah not far at all. That’s the Amite river swamp that separates Ascension and Livingston parishes. My property is in French Settlement.

I wasn’t live, but I was A-live today. Saw one button buck enjoying my Green Cover Fall Release. At one point I thought he was gonna get in the blind with me !IMG_4076.jpegIMG_2451.jpeg

Live, and in living color, I am sitting on my GC food plot this morning. About 30 F before daylight. So far only a four point with no brows, two does and a fawn. IMG_2464.jpegIMG_2464.jpegIMG_2462.jpeg

Back