You might be a redneck if.................

Podad

First a little background information. Many of us who are native to the South see the term "Redneck" as a badge of honor. It is one of the ways we profess our cultural status. Jeff Foxworthy a comedian from here in Georgia has made a good living for years promoting the term. So I am gonna quote him with the picture from my back yard.

You might be a redneck if you have a tripod stand next to the pool and playground in your back yard. :D;):cool:

OK, the truth is I was moving the stand from one property to another and brought it home to do some painting and add some camo netting.
Tripod at home 2.jpg

Podad...Tell us the truth. You huntin' out of that tripod in the back yard aren't you! Pic says it all. I'd say you qualify! Good looking tripod too!

Podad...Tell us the truth. You huntin' out of that tripod in the back yard aren't you! Pic says it all. I'd say you qualify! Good looking tripod too!

Truth is I could hunt out of that stand and get deer. They jump over that short pool fence and eat our flowers down routinely. There are 2 ladder stands over to the left of that tripod leaning against trees. I am doing maintenance and paint on them too. They all were at the land I moved the tripod from. They are earmarked for some new land I leased recently.

Only way you get your redneck card back is throw some half full milk jugs in the pool and post a blowfishin practice video shooting from the tripod. You can scoot it over closer to the pond/pool. If you want your lifetime card, you have shoot said jugs from a boat in the pool.

I call bullcrap on it all. I say you are hiding up there when your wife has her friends over for a little pool get together party. Bet there are beady little eyes poking out.

Now you want to talk about redneck pools - I have one.....well it's actually a bait container! Our pool is A above ground, B one of those wal-mart specials and C has become a breeding ground for the local tree frog population! It also is surrounded with marestail and hasn't been used for human use in at least two years! My claimed you just add chemicals and it darn near takes care of itself! Oh really !!!!

Now a redneck moment of my own or two. First one - I needed to get on the roof of my pole barn but my extension ladder wasn't tall enough - so I did what any resourceful redneck would do. I put the ladder into the raised bucket of my front end loader! Episode number two - same extension ladder would not sit level near a tree branch I needed to trim off. So once again I went an improvised. I extended the ladder as far as it would go and then rachet strapped it to the trunk of the tree! Oh - I have also used a rifle to intentionally remove dead wood from a tree. Wife was not happy about that - apparently it sounded like a hail storm inside the house. Oh - I can also tell you from first hand experience - NEVER,EVER, shot the high powered rifle in the house!

First a little background information. Many of us who are native to the South see the term "Redneck" as a badge of honor. It is one of the ways we profess our cultural status. Jeff Foxworthy a comedian from here in Georgia has made a good living for years promoting the term. So I am gonna quote him with the picture from my back yard.

You might be a redneck if you have a tripod stand next to the pool and playground in your back yard. :D;):cool:

OK, the truth is I was moving the stand from one property to another and brought it home to do some painting and add some camo netting.
View attachment 1292

My claim to shame is putting a 55 gallon feeder across the street from my house. (I don't shoot my wifes favorite deer, but I watch them, and have em on photos from 2 deer cams) I also have a deer hauler in the back of my truck the entire season. I also keep a shot up rifle target visible inside my carport to warn thieves that my house isn't easy pickings.
Living in North Alabama I don't object to being called a Redneck, unless it's a limp wristed snowflake type saying it... Since I'm bigger and heavier than most folks people don't usually say things like that to me. Did I mention that I'm a retired LEO.

All I will say is I shot the 30/30 out the window once and made myself COMPLETELY deaf for nearly 1/2 an hour......I was actually really worried......just saying...
Has the same effect in a ground blind. I think I fluffed the paint on the blind and it isn't painted. :eek:

Has the same effect in a ground blind. I think I fluffed the paint on the blind and it isn't painted. :eek:
I have NEVER had an issue shooting a gun in a blind..... not before that not after. But for some reason - I did something that I hope to NEVER repeat again!

It rang my ears good. It might not have helped that it was an AR with a break on it. I have shot them out of the house door and window before. I just made sure that as much of the barrel was hanging out as possible. It rang my ears but wasn't as bad as the blind and it definitely isn't as bad as a truck cab. I've had ear problems since I was a child and it has equated to me having some hearing trouble now. Compound that with me being young and dumb and shooting with no earplugs when I was younger, I might not be getting the full effect of the blast.

Back