Working at the Farm - Took a few I-Phone Pics

Place looks awesome as always Native. That DR is a mule. I was just looking at one. Does it climb a hill pretty well?
I think I will be able to hear your ML fire from my place!!. Can you shoot a heavier grain bullet to reduce recoil?
Buck looks cool. My drought is completely over and pouring rain again today. Above norm temps and wet weather have my plots greened up like spring. Cold and snow moving in tonight. Hope your land is soggy too. Thanks for showing.
Heavier bullet increases recoil in my experience...more force backward to push heavy bullet forward...

Looks like you are well on your way with winter habitat work. I didn't get to do any this past week at all because I worked on my GTO all day Saturday and it lightly rained and the wind blew 35 mph all day Sunday... I am still doing everything with a chainsaw right now so high winds and tree cutting don't mix real well...

Heavier bullet increases recoil in my experience...more force backward to push heavy bullet forward...

Looks like you are well on your way with winter habitat work. I didn't get to do any this past week at all because I worked on my GTO all day Saturday and it lightly rained and the wind blew 35 mph all day Sunday... I am still doing everything with a chainsaw right now so high winds and tree cutting don't mix real well...
Not always. My 44 and 454 pistols def shoot better heavier grain bullet. Especially the latter.

Place looks awesome as always Native. That DR is a mule. I was just looking at one. Does it climb a hill pretty well?
I think I will be able to hear your ML fire from my place!!. Can you shoot a heavier grain bullet to reduce recoil?
Buck looks cool. My drought is completely over and pouring rain again today. Above norm temps and wet weather have my plots greened up like spring. Cold and snow moving in tonight. Hope your land is soggy too. Thanks for showing.

dogghr, we are getting all the rain that we didn't get last summer and fall - so much I wish it would stop for a while.

I could shoot much heavier bullets in the ML, but will stay on the lighter side to facilitate a flatter trajectory. I really don't think the recoil will matter much, because the gun will be very heavy. I've seen videos of him shooting one off sandbags, and it doesn't look like it moves all that much.

The DR handles the hills on my place really well. I don't have hills like yours, but some places are pretty steep, and I breeze right up those with no problem. I like the way you can get an early start with it in a wet spring in places where a tractor might rut the ground up. The DR will go right over a lot of those places with ease.

Johnny, it feels so good to get an early start. We don't have too many times during the winter that such days occur, but I love to take advantage of them when they do pop up.

Today we have those high winds, and I agree that tree cutting at those times is not a good idea. The GTO work sounds like the perfect job for those times.

Glad we got those apples in the ground Steve I'm itching to do some top working this spring too. With everything you have to top work I bet it will be a full day's work

Glad we got those apples in the ground Steve I'm itching to do some top working this spring too. With everything you have to top work I bet it will be a full day's work

It was a special day indeed Daniel, and I thank you and your dad for the good help.

I too am looking forward to our next day top working trees. It's going to be fun for sure.

Last edited:
Trail camera caught me in my DR mowing outfit. Chaps and one of those rabbit hunting coats designed to shed briers. So far they work good and not a single scratch. I already have 1/2 of my spring DR work done. I love doing this.

Looks like the nice young deer that moved in last week is calling this place home now. He was all over the farm this week and out in daylight a few times. Upon closer inspection I've decided this must be a 2 year old. Great future potential for my area.

That DR mower looks to really do the job NH plus you get a workout too! If you're ever over this way I've got a black locust patch you could attack with it lol!

That's a great looking young buck too btw. I'm watching to see how he looks next fall.

That DR mower looks to really do the job NH plus you get a workout too! If you're ever over this way I've got a black locust patch you could attack with it lol!

That's a great looking young buck too btw. I'm watching to see how he looks next fall.

Thanks Merle. LOL on the black locust. I will start on those for you when I get my remaining 1,295,234,199,168,234 sweet gums cut.;)

Thanks Merle. LOL on the black locust. I will start on those for you when I get my remaining 1,295,234,199,168,234 sweet gums cut.;)
Sweet gum, the hydra of the tree family!
What's amazing is I've seen them for sale at stores in the spring.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

We need to try and take picture when we do some grafting this year that makes for good before and after pictures.

Back