"Whitetail Hollow" - 90 Acres NE Oklahoma.

Hurt 9 in 2014...

b04dfe280ff59af679a9fd705f59a00d.jpg

Hurt 9 in 2015

8ef975c222aa978fc0497c9034a7a6e8.jpg

Hurt 9 now...

ab0e8539a7bb412820e5649a486bf0ce.jpg

By my guess and knowing how bucks grow in our area in 2014 he was 2.5, 2015 he was 3.5, and he is now 4.5.

Laid Back 9 in 2014

52aad5ee7c32aece3acbfb1d0faa9f2f.jpg

Laid back 9 in 2015

b99d5a702597de8c58f62513332db7d8.jpg

98906f1673a3073c589ad46180d4f5a0.jpg

Laid back 9 now...

dbec4747f2c04a8bcc24b15d802ab946.jpg

I figured him at 4.5 to 5.5 in 2014...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Boy this habitat thread is off and running! Love the history you have with those bucks. And i look forward to seeing you bag one this fall.

Boy this habitat thread is off and running! Love the history you have with those bucks. And i look forward to seeing you bag one this fall.
I tried to save as much as I could from QDMA. I keep trail cams out year around and I try to keep a good idea of what we have using our place. Laid back 9 is pretty ancient and I figure he hasn't got much left in him. I think he no longer participates in the rut...

I loaded up the ATV this morning and went to town and got supplies and headed for our deer lease. First time I had been there since April and I brought my chainsaw to cut blowdowns out of trails. I put out 3 mineral blocks and 3 cameras and only had to cut trees in 3 places.

Our deer lease is in the very southern portion of Cherokee county and northern Sequoyah county. First impression driving in was there has been a lot more rain down there with mudholes and running creeks and a vastly different amount of greenery than we have at Whitetail Hollow or Home 10.

Acorn crop looks great down there so we should have a great season on that place!

I can remember the days when I got about $2 a week for allowance. You could get one of those Remington 100 packs in the translucent yellow plastic boxes with the slide top for $1.99. Spend the week shooting them up, and then begging my mom to take us to town the next weekend to buy another.

Ouch on that drought. Any rain yet? It's dry here too, but I still have some small apples, and a 50% chance of rain on Sunday.

I can remember the days when I got about $2 a week for allowance. You could get one of those Remington 100 packs in the translucent yellow plastic boxes with the slide top for $1.99. Spend the week shooting them up, and then begging my mom to take us to town the next weekend to buy another.
I have a similar experience from back when I was a kid other than the allowance part. The first firearm I shot and hunted with was a Winchester semi auto .22 of my older brothers. It would shoot short, long, and long rifle ammo. I didn't start shooting that gun until I was 12 and for money we picked and sold blackberries, helped guys who rocked houses gather rocks off our property, hauled hay, and trapping in the winter.

We had a hardware store in town that would sell ammo by the cartridge. .22 shells were 1 cent apiece so some weeks I would buy 10 rounds. If I bought a 50 round box it was a great week. I didn't get to shoot much except at squirrels and rabbits because my dad didn't believe in just shooting to shoot. I think that is why I hoard ammo and my neighbors never hear me shoot so they probably think I don't even have any guns ;)

Ouch on that drought. Any rain yet? It's dry here too, but I still have some small apples, and a 50% chance of rain on Sunday.
We got hit dead center by a storm cell and farm logs showed we had 2.66" in 1 hour yesterday so we got a short reprieve. Lots of runoff because it came so fast but the rest soaked in quickly. No puddles left over...

I have a similar experience from back when I was a kid other than the allowance part. The first firearm I shot and hunted with was a Winchester semi auto .22 of my older brothers. It would shoot short, long, and long rifle ammo. I didn't start shooting that gun until I was 12 and for money we picked and sold blackberries, helped guys who rocked houses gather rocks off our property, hauled hay, and trapping in the winter.

We had a hardware store in town that would sell ammo by the cartridge. .22 shells were 1 cent apiece so some weeks I would buy 10 rounds. If I bought a 50 round box it was a great week. I didn't get to shoot much except at squirrels and rabbits because my dad didn't believe in just shooting to shoot. I think that is why I hoard ammo and my neighbors never hear me shoot so they probably think I don't even have any guns ;)
Kubota...Those days are long gone! Very similar experience growing up. Went to local hardware store and bought .22 ammo when I was 11 or 12. Don't remember how much it cost but it couldn't have been much or I couldn't have bought it. My cousin and I would walk in the store with rifles in hand. Liked showing our little .22 rifles off to the old guys in the store. My was a Sears n Roebuck single shot .22. Still have it.

Kubota...Those days are long gone! Very similar experience growing up. Went to local hardware store and bought .22 ammo when I was 11 or 12. Don't remember how much it cost but it couldn't have been much or I couldn't have bought it. My cousin and I would walk in the store with rifles in hand. Liked showing our little .22 rifles off to the old guys in the store. My was a Sears n Roebuck single shot .22. Still have it.

A different time for sure...I had my deer rifle or shotgun in my car (66 Mustang) in the fall when I was in High school. My drivers door would not lock so they were just laying there in the back seat. Most all the pickups had rifles hanging in the back windows back then in our school parking lot...

It's cool you still have that first rifle...I got silly and have traded off or sold all the guns of my youth but have replaced them and then some since then ;)

Glad you got rain yesterday, I got rain today.

It was a wonderful thing even though I missed seeing it happen at our land. I was down at our deer lease putting out mineral blocks and cameras and got caught in a big cell that passed over our lease while riding my ATV... got a little wet but we have a nice shelter down there I was able to get to before I got soaked. Another lease member was brushhogging and he got absolutely soaked to the bone...

I have to drive past our Home 10 on the way back to our 80 and it hadn't rained a drop there and then north of Tahlequah I started seeing the signs of rain having happened. The ground was so dry it soaked that 2 1/2" up to where there weren't even puddles when I got home but you could see the erosion from all of the runoff and I got home about an hour after the rain stopped according to my wife...

Back