Where to find potted chestnut trees?

Chestnut hill ships to one store in Kansas so that makes me in same boat looking for another supplier
Try this guy. He grows in Oklahoma and when I was out there this fall he had a lot of Chestnuts in 1 gal. that looked to be in real good shape. I plan on getting several from him this spring just to introduce the variety's he has come up with to the ones I've gotten from Wayne and Rogers.
An Oklahoma Chestnut LLC 405-328-0186
Steve Lucas, real nice guy.

Superior Trees in Florida sells bare root chinese chestnut

Much like MDC, best to order early to insure availability

bill

Superior Trees in Florida sells bare root chinese chestnut

Much like MDC, best to order early to insure availability

bill

I was going to mention them too. They also sell container trees looks like 3 gal at 10.50 now not sure if they have a minimum order.

I was going to mention them too. They also sell container trees looks like 3 gal at 10.50 now not sure if they have a minimum order.
Thanks DLH! I just emailed them to see if they have a minimum order qty but $10.50 for a 3 gallon tree seems like a pretty good deal!

Lot more fun to grow your own.
I've thought about getting into that aspect of habitat work but I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to do it yet. I do have a couple of small garden beds that I used to grow veggies in so I might turn them into tree nurseries.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Don't make it complicated. Get you some one gallon pots like nursery plants come in, fill 'em up with potting soil, put a chestnut in them, and keep the squirrels out. By the following Fall you'll have potted chestnuts to plant. It really is that easy. And plenty of folks on here will send you nuts.

Have been planting now for two years, 75 percent of the nuts I get come from the kind folks on here! I absolutely love it.

I called the guy in oklahoma,his are 23.00 for 3 gallon trees that are 4-4.5 ft tall.He said he has quite a few but had been getting lots of calls.I am thinking about getting some if anyone else in Kansas wants some

FYI - got an email from Chestnut Hill that the first shipments to the South should be arriving in the next few days. From the email (on their website as well):

Walmart Spring Shipping!

We are happy to announce the start of spring shipping to Walmart stores! Our first round of trees are shipping
to the following states:

AL, FL, GA, LA, MS, TX

Trees are expected to arrive
at Walmart locations
February 27th - March 3rd

Click the link below for a full list of stores:

Walmart Store Locations PDF

This is a one time shipment to the stores on the above PDF. They sell out FAST! Look for future emails for the remaining cities for AL, FL, GA, LA, MS, TX.
Central stores will ship mid-March and Northern stores shipping April-May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back