What Planter to Get

My husband is selling this if anyone is interested. For $5,000

Pull-Type Seeder/Drill for ATVs, includes 12 volt lift mechanism, 4' width, 4 rows, 10" row spacing, 2.5 Bu. Capacity 950 lbs. $6,600 MSRP

Both a DRILL for Row Crops, and a SEEDER for Grasses

Seedbox will Handle a Wide Variety of Seed Sizes and Types: From Bermuda or Timothy to Corn or Soybeans

Same Precision Seed Metering System As Kasco's Other Drills & Seeders

Easily Changes from Drill to Broadcast Seeder

Heavy Duty Cast Presswheels Firm to the Ground following Seeding, to Ensure Excellent Seed-to-Soil Contact

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 0
Well my spring planting of 5 acres of buck wheat went well. It took me about 4.5 hours to plant the 5 acres. My only complaint about the Golden Valley planter is the overall length when the ground is not relatively flat.This planter is very heavy and my new John Deere 3038E barely picks up the planter. My old 3203 had no problem so I had to rent a tractor to use the planter. I made an assumption that the 3038E was the same tractor as the 3203 with more horsepower, boy was I wrong.

Buckwheat 3.jpg Buckwheat 4.jpg

That is some beautiful looking buckwheat Stevieray!

I think the minimum HP for my drill was listed as 45 HP. I have no problem planting with it with my 68 HP JD 5400. You may have to swap up for a few more horses.

Congrats on a great looking crop.

Well my spring planting of 5 acres of buck wheat went well. It took me about 4.5 hours to plant the 5 acres. My only complaint about the Golden Valley planter is the overall length when the ground is not relatively flat.This planter is very heavy and my new John Deere 3038E barely picks up the planter. My old 3203 had no problem so I had to rent a tractor to use the planter. I made an assumption that the 3038E was the same tractor as the 3203 with more horsepower, boy was I wrong.

View attachment 7807 View attachment 7808

Beautiful crop!

Sent from my iPad using Deer Hunter Forum

That's what it's for!

One note: I am getting persistent volunteer buckwheat in this year's crops, after letting BW go to seed last year. Not necessarily a bad thing... depends on how susceptible the new crop is to early competition.

That is some beautiful looking buckwheat Stevieray!

I think the minimum HP for my drill was listed as 45 HP. I have no problem planting with it with my 68 HP JD 5400. You may have to swap up for a few more horses.

Congrats on a great looking crop.
My tractor has enough horsepower for the planter. The difference in the two models is 3 point lifting capacity.

Old 3203 - 3 point lifting capacity 1868 lbs.
New 3083E - 3 point lifting capacity 1356 lbs.

My new tractor will barely lift it off the ground. Stay away from the 3000 E series tractors they are toys, get the 3000 R series.

That's what it's for!

One note: I am getting persistent volunteer buckwheat in this year's crops, after letting BW go to seed last year. Not necessarily a bad thing... depends on how susceptible the new crop is to early competition.

They say deer like to browse on buck wheat.

I custom build notill drills. They are true no till drills with notill coulters. Having troublr uploading pics. Your welcome to contact me at six1eight3three5one1two1

Back