Using creek water to mix with glysophate

CTM1

I have been watching Youtube vids from Whitetail Habitat Solutions. While his vids are long winded and he seems to contradict himself quite often I have been enjoying his take on using buckwheat as a cover crop. He seeds into the standing buckwheat and crushes it with a packer and then sprays it. He says doing that with standing rye has not yielded him good results as it does not crush well.

One of things that caught my ear in one of his vids was when he said not to use pond water, creek water or ditch water to mix with glysophate as it neutralizes the glysophate. I have brook that originates on my property and it flows into a pond and then out. I grab my water just after it flows out and have been using this water (only source) for the last five years and I have never had an issue with getting a good kill. So what gives with his statement?

I have been watching Youtube vids from Whitetail Habitat Solutions. While his vids are long winded and he seems to contradict himself quite often I have been enjoying his take on using buckwheat as a cover crop. He seeds into the standing buckwheat and crushes it with a packer and then sprays it. He says doing that with standing rye has not yielded him good results as it does not crush well.

One of things that caught my ear in one of his vids was when he said not to use pond water, creek water or ditch water to mix with glysophate as it neutralizes the glysophate. I have brook that originates on my property and it flows into a pond and then out. I grab my water just after it flows out and have been using this water (only source) for the last five years and I have never had an issue with getting a good kill. So what gives with his statement?
Hard water will bond with your glyphosate, making it not work, because glyphosate a weak acid. This is why people add AMS to their water with gly, to make sure it works. If you're not having issues, you probably don't have hard water. Our well water is VERY hard, but our old spring water isn't. They're 100 yards apart.

I have heard that before. I think what I heard was the gly can bond to minerals in the water and not allow it to be effectively taken in by the plant. Something along those lines anyhow. I am sure different water sources could have different effects.

Back