Triple C's Place

Thx Gator! Finding this place a decade ago was a stroke of good fortune. So many memories over the years.

A little late afternoon action yesterday from Brooks. First sit after coming back from CO chasing critters. We haven't ran cameras in 2 years now. Always cool to be surprised from the stand. He had multiple bucks milling around...couple sparring and then this critter comes off the opposite ridge and filters to within 18 yds.
FAF7BA7A-755F-4427-BBF8-FF62A2B53380.jpeg
B7510EBC-5E1C-450E-943B-D164AD4FF6B8.jpeg
A68B5BEA-7652-4200-AC54-474B6F122833.jpeg

Planted 15 acres of plots last weekend with the forecast from Ian showing 2 days of heavy rain late in the week. Sucker went east and we didn't get a drop. Oh well. Hopefully seed will sit in the ground until our next good rain6BCD40CB-A6FA-4EA8-A2BB-BE983661A8E8.jpeg

Got the next generation coming along with his little trad bow. Youngest grandson getting it done.
259E8427-C7AD-4855-B3CE-C3B33A34A983.jpeg

Really appreciate the comments guys! Seems I don't take the time to post as much these days but still log in to check on what's going on around the country. So hard at times to fathom we are now into our 12th season on the farm. So many wonderful memories made over the years and hopefully...plenty more to come.

Now TC, you sure he didn't fly that one back in from the trip. NICE DEER
lak - That boy is a killing machine. He has a real simple answer...you can't kill em if you ain't in a tree/blind. Certainly puts in the time to get it done. Pops just doesn't have the same drive at my age but still enjoy the sits.

As for the 2 trip out west...got so close this year. Some epic stalks on muley's. Couldn't get an elk tag for the unit he was hunting.

Bonus track...
Brooks txt'd the pic to his older brother, Dustin this morn. Dustin had just shot this buck in NE Florida. Dustin and his family bought a tract of land just west and a little north of Jacksonville. First kill on their land. Not bad for a FL buck. 161 lbs live weight.
1E52AD3C-0AE5-4F1E-8C7C-044AC5A9427C.jpeg

Really appreciate the comments guys! Seems I don't take the time to post as much these days but still log in to check on what's going on around the country. So hard at times to fathom we are now into our 12th season on the farm. So many wonderful memories made over the years and hopefully...plenty more to come.

lak - That boy is a killing machine. He has a real simple answer...you can't kill em if you ain't in a tree/blind. Certainly puts in the time to get it done. Pops just doesn't have the same drive at my age but still enjoy the sits.

As for the 2 trip out west...got so close this year. Some epic stalks on muley's. Couldn't get an elk tag for the unit he was hunting.

Bonus track...
Brooks txt'd the pic to his older brother, Dustin this morn. Dustin had just shot this buck in NE Florida. Dustin and his family bought a tract of land just west and a little north of Jacksonville. First kill on their land. Not bad for a FL buck. 161 lbs live weight.
View attachment 24522
That's a Good Buck anywhere and a Very Good Buck for Florida.

Mama and I have our eye on a peice of Ground we'd like to get, but missed the Low Interest Rates and don't want to pull the trigger just yet.

Plan is to set it up as a Camp and Hunting Farm that will become our Perminate Home once she Retires.

The clearcut area, have you considered planting some of that back with shortleaf pine instead of loblolly? It has a longer growth cycle, but there are benefits to shortleaf and in my state there are federal incentives available to plant acreage in shortleaf over loblolly.

The clearcut area, have you considered planting some of that back with shortleaf pine instead of loblolly? It has a longer growth cycle, but there are benefits to shortleaf and in my state there are federal incentives available to plant acreage in shortleaf over loblolly.
Never considered short-leaf. Looked at longleaf pine several years ago but just a little to far north for ideal growing conditions. Had the clearcut sprayed last week. Amazing how surgical they are with an aerial spray. Didn't touch one of our food plots. Will replant with improved loblolly in February and then sit back and watch it grow for 18 to 20 years. Or maybe not...I'll be 86 in 20 yrs. If not, legacy pines.

Been down since Wednesday chasing critters. Came home yesterday at noon. Wow!!! Magical time of year with multiple bucks chasing hot does. No arrows flung but holy cow was it fun to watch all the action. Foodplots are in great shape. I love this time of year.

Pano view of one of my sits this week.
593C23A0-91CF-4C26-95E1-B2A2F1F85DBF.jpeg

8 years...8 years chasing a racked buck with my Black Widow PTF V recurve. Finally sealed the deal on last sit of last day of season here yesterday morning. Killed pigs n a few does but never a racked buck. Had this young buck come in and shot it just before it crossed a beaver slough in front of me at 24 yds. Liver hit. Dark, dark, red blood.

Brooks and I bumped him 2 times from his bed yesterday afternoon tracking him. Backed out and decided to wait until this morn as the night was gonna drop into the upper 30's. Brooks found him about 8:1t this morn, 30 yds from the last spot we bumped him yesterday afternoon. Perhaps my greatest trophy as it was a long, patience challenging stint to kill a buck.
37A6D96D-F472-4E2A-8710-4169FA41A270.jpeg 6ED20C2E-62DC-4F8C-8F06-B84290BD081B.jpeg 9F748F0C-411F-47BD-8698-316EF222007E.jpeg BDA43E76-0E3B-4A59-A928-94BA860F5B4F.jpeg

Back