Sweet Corn

cutman

Administrator
Staff member
The first batch of sweet corn is almost ready to pick! I planted a new variety this year - Obsession II. I thought it would be ready on June 19, but some may be ready next week. After keeping it alive with irrigation for much of April/May, we’ve gotten 4.3” of rain in the last two weeks. Should be perfect.

First batch (photo taken today):

DFC11959-627D-4345-A585-680BB87AA152.jpeg

Second batch (photo taken May 28 - it has since tassled):

B1D321E5-FD6D-4645-9B1A-72FFE3DF25CC.jpeg

Don’t have any pictures of the 3rd batch, but it’s about thigh high and will probably tassel this week.

Last edited:
The first batch of sweet corn is almost ready to pick! I planted a new variety this year - Obsession II. I thought it would be ready on June 19, but some may be ready next week. After keeping it alive with irrigation for much of April/May, we’ve gotten 4.3” of rain in the last two weeks. Should be perfect.

First batch (photo taken today):

View attachment 23923

Second batch (photo taken May 28 - it has since tassled):

View attachment 23924

Don’t have any pictures of the 3rd batch, but it’s about thigh high and will probably tassel this week.
I'm showing up with salt and butter!

For years my family met another in myrtle Beach for a week. Outside a seafood market every year was a fruit and veggies stand. I remember asking the guy if the sweet corn was Silver Queen. He said "no matter what it is we call it silver queen". It is hard to beat fresh sweet corn, and if put up right it is gold in freezer in winter

I am two weeks out from feeding the coons. No rain in forecast next two weeks. Havent had any rain in last week. Three weeks no rain right when the ears are maturing.

I am two weeks out from feeding the coons. No rain in forecast next two weeks. Havent had any rain in last week. Three weeks no rain right when the ears are maturing.

We've been pretty good, put high 90s this week, without much rain in forecast. I couldn't raise corn without a hot wire.

Back