Spray and sow

MJJ

This is my plan, I have a clover field that is fading out. Sprayed late May and again in late July, then broadcast beets radishes and turnips. Then bush hog dead weeds and grass over seed. Wondering if you have tried that and how did it work out for you ?

This is my plan, I have a clover field that is fading out. Sprayed late May and again in late July, then broadcast beets radishes and turnips. Then bush hog dead weeds and grass over seed. Wondering if you have tried that and how did it work out for you ?

Just be sure to pay attention to the residual on your herbicides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have done it with roundup in the past. Works fine, I would try to sow before a good rain window if possible. They usually change the forecast when my spreader stops spinning!

I regularly suppress clover and drill into it. I've bushhogged it flat to the ground and drill. I've also sprayed with 1qt/ac gly to suppress it and then drilled. I've had good success with both. I know others who don't have a drill who have done this with broadcasting and cultipacking and had success.

One key is timing. You don't want to do this when the clover is otherwise stressed. You want to do it with rain in the forecast. The clover will bounce back from the root system after the planted crop germinates and gets taller than it.

Here is an example of groundhog radish drilled into clover. When I did this, I was experimenting with techniques. 1/2 the field was bushhogged flat and the other half was suppressed with 1 qt/ac gly. I could not tell any difference that fall.

01814a24-edac-4ef4-aa57-8aa9e41d13bd.jpg

f0150c4d-ea79-4937-b492-2286ff7ed748.jpg

f0150c4d-ea79-4937-b492-2286ff7ed748.jpg[\IMG]

Ok guys sounds good thanks

This is the only method I use. Works great. Timing it with some moisture is the most important factor.

Back