Small Chinese Chestnuts

Rogers38

Guys Wayne is taking this year off. I have access to small Chinese Chestnuts. If anyone is interested in them please PM me. I'll do the same deal Wayne is doing. Here are some pictures of them. They are very old trees and just starting to drop. They are from central Kentucky. My good friend showed me these years last year. So in honor of him I'm naming them after him Jon Scott Battlefield Chestnuts. I owe him for showing me where they were at.
1fba7cc0c5ad2ddb3561b755589e3d74.jpg
9f1e819a9fbdb133b329ef16b62215fe.jpg
1c218c94efd24b7a2211dfeb8146e667.jpg
6afdc86b4398c167c89c99ae6054b582.jpg
0a15b0e8e8458af24b694f7b4c9e8e28.jpg
c95383bbee03867cff5f4d2bb48c650b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam
Good looking chestnuts and got that rich brown color. If I give out your name to people is that OK with you?

My dog has got me busy. I can get you some customers if that is agreeable to you. I would never give it out without your permission.

Posting the photo of the chestnuts is a good idea - that know what to expect.

Just let me know.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne that's perfectly fine. I really like these trees and the animals do also. I would hate to see these trees die or something happen to them before I or someone else gets some offspring started. I already have about 5 people I'm sending them to.

That is how I love to see a bath towel looking. Your chestnuts look healthy and have that great brown glow.

We are about to return to the 80s here after the rain from the h'cane system. I get I will collect some for myself.

This photo tells me to get my buckets washed out and head to the trees with the limbs pointed toward the ground. Good job Rogers38!!!

Wayne

Pm sent Rogers38! The chestnuts look great! Thanks for sharing with the rest of us.

Guys I have got several chestnuts. You can see in the pics I have a few extra large and large to medium down to the battle field chestnuts. I have 8 trees I pick from going tomorrow after work to look at 6 more. Let me know if you want any.
Roy.
9f69d8bd9813daed082e5a4f39c12019.jpg
2ec0894e912dfd5acf43f6c24f6080a9.jpg
85d870ecc9365ff3f1f579d07107f244.jpg

Lookin Good. Expanding the number of trees you collect from is a wise move.

In marginal years, you never know which trees will produce the better yield. Also, if you find a late dropping tree, keep those chestnuts away from the others. The later a tree drops, the better it is for most bow hunters.

Keep up the good work Roy.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne. I'm trying to do the best I can to help as many people as I can. I have more trees I'm going to look at tomorrow so hopefully I can find a late dropping tree for everyone. Around here it seems that just about all the trees are the small chestnuts. Thanks again

Roy,

I would point out that a turkey don't like large chestnuts - they like the smaller chestnut. My son is a first class turkey hunter - I am not.

You have some big chestnuts in your photo. I have seen that the smaller chestnuts can be easier to germinate than the larger ones.

I do believe a late dropping tree is worth searching high and low for. I can say your best is outstanding and will certainly spread chestnuts seedlings far and wide. That is a great thing!!!

Wayne

Back