Schuttes Oak??

THE LLC

Found this at a rest area outside of St. Louis on Wed. Is this a Schuttes Oak? Sure appears to be swamp white x burr.

Missouri Schuttes Oak 9-9-20.jpg

I believe you have a winner; better grab some acorns off that rascal in the next 2 weeks.
In your photo, the acorns are clearly SWOs (perduncle) and the leaves are Bur.

Here is a similar photo of a Schuttes from Native Nurseries.
rain-maker_480x480.jpg

If you can provide reasonably accurate directions regarding the location of the tree, I'd encourage you to post them so folks in the St. Louis area might be able to fill a pocket also. I know some folks are reluctant to share tree location(s); however, since you are listed as a Georgia location, you might be willing to share. At any rate, congratulations!

Can somebody explain why this site keeps uploading my pictures rotated??

Are you uploading from an iPhone? It’s an issue between Apple devices and the forum software and a huge pain in the ass. We’ve tried everything to fix it and so far nothing has worked.

Are you uploading from an iPhone? It’s an issue between Apple devices and the forum software and a huge pain in the ass. We’ve tried everything to fix it and so far nothing has worked.

I take them with an iPhone but download them to my computer first. It’s just started doing that.

If you can provide reasonably accurate directions regarding the location of the tree, I'd encourage you to post them so folks in the St. Louis area might be able to fill a pocket also. I know some folks are reluctant to share tree location(s); however, since you are listed as a Georgia location, you might be willing to share. At any rate, congratulations!

Yep. Not a problem. Wright City, MO eastbound rest area. There were a couple swamp white oaks there loaded down, too. When you come off the interstate follow the “cars” sign then the first parking lot on the left. The tree is inside the little loop the parking area makes. There were like three of them.

The fix for this problem is called "android"

Back