High School Oak

KSQ2

We picked up some nuts off the ground under a young burr oak by the school parking. The tree is less than 12’ tall and the ground under it is COVERED. I plan to put some of these in the ground inside tubes sometime the couple of weeks. The de-capped nuts float tested good.
IMG_2478.jpeg

Sure they’re not sawtooth? I have a few trees that have those characteristics. From the height/ description (and the fact that is a landscape tree planted near a school) sounds like it could be. The burrs I’ve seen don’t produce that young.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Sure they’re not sawtooth? I have a few trees that have those characteristics. From the height/ description (and the fact that is a landscape tree planted near a school) sounds like it could be. The burrs I’ve seen don’t produce that young.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum
Perhaps? I haven’t paid a whole lot of attention to the tree to be honest in the past. I’ll take a look at the leaves next time I’m there. These acorns do look significantly bigger than the sawtooth nuts Cat gave me a few years back.

Looks like a burr to me. I was wrong though, it’s more like 15’ tall and the trunk is about 8” in diameter.
IMG_2479.jpeg

Back