Sasakwa 80

One suggestion. Buy you a 40' shipping container and put on site. Then you don't have to haul your tractor back and forth. Get a lock box welded on it.

Finally started building our fishing/hunting cabin. It will be approximately 1200 square feet with 3 bedrooms, bath, kitchen, dining room, living room and mud room. First step was to bring in 3" clean rock for the 800 feet of road so all the trucks can get back to build site.

cabin5.jpg

Then cleared area of trees and built the pad site.

cabin1.jpg

The cabin will be built using 30' x 40' x 10' pole barn. It will have a covered 8' front porch.

cabin6.jpg
cabin12.jpg

Got the plumbing roughed in.

cabin15.jpg

Got some of the metal up and the concrete poured.
cabin21.jpg
cabin23.jpg
cabin25.jpg

Got the rest of the metal up and know waiting on my framer to frame inside walls and ceiling.

cabin31.jpg
cabin33.jpg
cabin34.jpg

My well is 700 feet from the build sight. Will dig trench and lay 1 1/4" pvc pipe for water and 1" pvc to run 8 gauge UF electric cable to power well. I installed pittless adapter in well casing to hang pump and a new well cap.

This is what the well looked like when I purchased the land.

well1.jpg

Next picture was my temporary setup so I could get water using a generator. The generator is under the wooden box.

well16.jpg

This is what the well site currently looks like. The pittless adapter is at the bottom of the hole. The frost line in Oklahoma is 18" the water pipe will be buried at approximately 22".

well18.jpg

I converted my 21' x 30' x 12' RV cover to a barn. I had it enclosed and a 10' x 10' garage door and a 36" entrance door installed. I will now be able to keep tractor and equipment out of the weather and locked up.

RV Carport before conversion.
barn1.jpg

RV Carport is now a equipment barn.

barn2.jpg

I have been very busy the last month or so, but did find time to upgrade my tractor. My John Deere 3038E was almost enough tractor. I got a Yanmar YT347 and it is a beast. I purchased a 6' Modern AG brush hog and it is a tank. I also purchase a 6' BEFCO finish mower.
equip1.jpg
equip4.jpg
equip3.jpg
equip5.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon
You are a busy guy. Love that barn, nice color combination and the leanto with a cement pad is a great option. I'll bet you are looking forward to not having to haul the tractor back and forth. That clover field looks huge; what is the acreage on it? Your property is gorgeous and that pond with bass of the size you catch is really special.

love your new tractor, barn, and that clover plot is something! Love to see everything done when you get the barn complete.

The electric company placed poles and got me power. The electrician completed rough in, HVAC is installed and plumbing stub out is complete. Next is wall insulation and then drywall. I still have to trench 700 feet and run power and water pipe from well to cabin.

cabin31.jpg cabin34.jpg cabin35.jpg cabin38.jpg cabin311.jpg

The cabin build looks great. Keep your focus on all the good times you will have hanging out at the cabin in the future after the project is completed.

Back