River bottom land- 160 acres western OK.

Way too much green in those photo's...Must be getting some good rains out that way!
Yes we have had a lot of rain this spring and summer. More than usual for us. Deer are in good shape this year. Growing season will be over in 6 weeks or so, it'll brown up then. Getting excited about this season, bucks should start peeling velvet soon! I've never seen the number of buck as I am now, since I bought the place 4 years ago. Management works if you have the patience!

Enjoyting the tour , Don. I've not been in much of OK but is sure is Pretty country. Thanks for showing.

Looks like everyone and everything likes the water hole. Great concept to keep it supplied with fresh water. And that is one LONG snout on that big hog

Looks like everyone and everything likes the water hole. Great concept to keep it supplied with fresh water. And that is one LONG snout on that big hog

Thanks
That's a big boar hog. He's there every night! I was lucky to have a well on the place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to the farm yesterday and did a little work on the cabin then worked up one of my fall oat plots. This is a new plot so I had to disc it in twice. I will come back in 2 or 3 weeks with my 3 point tiller and work it in. I use to broadcast the seed then drag it in with a spike tooth harrow. I found a 12 ft John Deere grain drill last year and bought it. It makes planting so much easier and faster. I really love it. Here is a few pics of the plot, it's about 3/4 of an acre. Also some more shots at the water hole.IMG_0556.JPGIMG_0561.JPGIMG_0566.JPGIMG_0575.JPGIMG_0568.JPGIMG_0578.JPGIMG_0567.JPG

I don't see much rock in that red dirt! Looks like a great plot!

Those are some dandy Oklahoma bucks you are going to be chasing this fall!

Don, those are some awesome okie bucks. I got ripped off on the rain. Didn't get a drop at my place.

Those are some nice looking bucks!!! Looks like I will be going on a hunt in OK after Thanksgiving this year and those pics may keep me up at night thinking of the possibilities:D Plots are looking good.

Those are some nice looking bucks!!! Looks like I will be going on a hunt in OK after Thanksgiving this year and those pics may keep me up at night thinking of the possibilities:D Plots are looking good.

Thanks, and good luck on the hunt!

That waterhole is a hot spot! Man you've got some great bucks. Hope you get one on the ground this fall.
Ive grown silver maples and now i cut them down to release better trees. They grow like weeds.

That waterhole is a hot spot! Man you've got some great bucks. Hope you get one on the ground this fall.
Ive grown silver maples and now i cut them down to release better trees. They grow like weeds.

Thanks. That's kinda what I had in mind. Thin them down later on if I need too!

Well it finally quit raining long enough to get in one of my plots. I guess that's a good problem to have. I planted a mixture of wheat,oats and winter peas. I drilled in the mixture then broadcast clover on top of it. Then I pulled a cultipacker over it to press in the clover seed. I actually built the cultipacker a few years ago. I used a 6 ft long piece of plastic culvert pipe with the ribs in it. I put a shaft in the center of it and filled it with 13 bags of redi-mix cement, with bearings on the end of the shaft attached to the frame. It works really well. It weighs around 1000 lbs. I bought the small drill A few years ago and really like it. It makes planning a lot easier. Now I need to get in my other two plots,just need more time.IMG_0606.JPGIMG_0612.JPG

Back