F12Mahon

I have a half acre plot of medium red and white clover. Lots of purple leaves in the clover. Research says it's usually caused by Boron deficiency. Today I bought a 4 lb. box of 20 Mule Team Borax. I filled my 25 gal. sprayer while pouring in the Borax. Mixed in the Clethodim and crop oil and let it mix a few minutes. My Fimco sprayer is modified by having the suction line hooked up to the drain hole with a washing machinne hose screen. It allows me to suck all but a few teaspoons out of the tank. The opposite end is on a 2X4 to facilitate flow. The original suction tube with strainer on the bottom is thus left unused. I put a short hose from the pump outlet to that tube to let it circulate. When ready to spray Idisconnected the short hose and hooked up the spray wand. I haven't figured out how to use my boom yet. With the platform carrier in the receiver hitch, it is too low on my Trailblazer.

When I was done it looked like there was about a quarter of the Borax left in the bottom. Waited a few hours and refilled the sprayer except with 2,4db. After letting it circulate again I sprayed the clover and when I was done there was no more Borax in the tank. It appears there is a limit to how much Borax will disolve in 25 gallons of water. Time will tell if this foilier application does what I hope.

A question I have...Will a follier application translate to higher soil Boron levels as leaves fall to the ground and decompose?

To celebrate finishing I went to Culvers and had a Ruben melt. Tasty! Walked out to the truck and the air dam was dangling on the ground. Glad it just pops back in place.

Eugene

I put it on dry with a leaf blower when I do it. Last year, I did two 4-lb boxes on a half acre. Be careful with it though. If you don't have adequate calcium in your soil, it can be easy to slip past the line of not enough to scorched.

Back