Otter trapping

My 4 otters has become 1 otter as far as I can tell. There was a single otter and a group of 3 traveling together earlier this winter...one was caught by a real trapper, and the group of three doesn't seem to be stopping by anymore. The single that still stops by comes by every 4 to 5 nights and stays for several hours st a time.

He last came through Friday night/Saturday morning, so I expect he will be back Tuesday or Wednesday. Traps are set.

You guys have got me thinking about trapping some otters! They are plentiful on Little Blue.
Is there an open season in Indiana? I've seen a lot of them on the Eel River in the last few years. I've always wanted to trap an otter.

Man he must of had some speed built up or been damn lucky to make it that deep in the trap! Glad you caught one, I didn't get to do much trapping this season but have been checking the forums traplines regularly. Almost as fun and I don't have to do the skinning. Thanks for keeping up to date.

Got another one!

e08df2ded5a94897a657fd162395305e.jpg

848a427eff7f128808ce0c017965f746.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

You're on a roll cutman! Are you skinning them out? There used to be good money in otters. Not as much now, maybe 30 to 40 a piece. Haven't sold one in a while so maybe even less than that unless a taxidermist wants them.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

1st otter was a 20.8 lb female, second one was a 25.1 lb male. They got fat off my fish.

Glad for your success on the otters. Hope you can catch a few more now that you have got things clicking.

Wayne

Back