Other hunting trips planned???

I’m getting back to the badlands of eastern MT for first time since getting sick 31/2 years ago. It’s essentially a truck hunt for 165-175” mule deer. Antlers in this country are wide and predisposed to extra points. I’ve seen bigger and the outfitter kills 180-190” deer every year. The outfitter has become a real friend so I’m excited. I haven’t punched a tag in years.... I enjoy seeing the country, putting a sneak on them, looking through the scope....and passing. I don’t think there’s a buck on his ranches I’d shoot the first day.

I also meet my brothers and nephews fo an archery hog hunt in TX every year between Christmas and New Years. It is a trash talking festival!

I’m getting back to the badlands of eastern MT for first time since getting sick 31/2 years ago. It’s essentially a truck hunt for 165-175” mule deer. Antlers in this country are wide and predisposed to extra points. I’ve seen bigger and the outfitter kills 180-190” deer every year. The outfitter has become a real friend so I’m excited. I haven’t punched a tag in years.... I enjoy seeing the country, putting a sneak on them, looking through the scope....and passing. I don’t think there’s a buck on his ranches I’d shoot the first day.

I also meet my brothers and nephews fo an archery hog hunt in TX every year between Christmas and New Years. It is a trash talking festival!

We used to go out to Fort Peck and hunt some mule deer. That was a blast and quite the change from our WV landscape.

Going to shoot waterfowl in Alberta in October. It’s my new favorite yearly tradition.

Used to have some friends that owned some land and flooded fields in Stuttgart Arkansas. You haven’t shot ducks before until you go there, it was amazing. I’m sure Alberta will be the same way that early in the year, jealous!!!!

I used to do the 5 mile pack in while in CO.This year we have 5A deer tag and ^a Elk tag in New Mexico archery

Annual SD opening weekend pheasant hunt. Probably make it over to central KS to chase some birds later in the season. Other than that just hoping to find time to climb a tree or two at the home place!

I used to go to Wyoming about two years out of three, but I’m just too old for that drive and the prospect of sitting a waterhole from daylight until dark doesn’t thrill me like it used to. Hunted in Montana twice, Colorado too, but I guess from now on I’m just a local deer and hog hunter, but that’s ok. Good luck to all you guys that hunt out of state !

When we went to Wy we would deer hunt in morning maybe sit antelope from noon on unless we shot deer then dark to dark,I almost think it's harder to sit a blind for 12 hrs in the heat than in a tree in the cold

Be in Colorado for mule deer archery opener next week. Then hopefully find a place in maybe Texas that I can take my boys for hogs over Christmas.

I have my annual carpenter bee hunt at my storage building every spring. Started out using a 22 pistol with shotshells but went to a 12 gauge with AA trap loads. Always use enough gun.
A tennis racket works better. You have the satisfaction of driving them 20' with a good forehand stroke and still retrieving the carcass to hang on your meat pole.

Speaking of great wingshooting, when I was 16 we used to shoot blackbirds coming in to roost until our gun barrels were too hot to touch. Then one day the game warden stopped by and gave us an ultimatum and the fun was over.

ron_buck4.jpg Have bow will travel. I leave for Idaho bull elk archery in 8 days. Then Wisconsin for the bow opener, then to Indiana to bowhunt, then to Ohio with my bow. Ive already been alligator hunting in Florida in Feb. And in Jan of this year took a good buck with my bow in WI. aa_gator2.jpg

Every year go to northwest Nebraska for rifle deer, rifle doe antelope, merriam turkey, ducks, and geese (yep, all in one trip) and will continue the tradition this year. In December it's off to Kansas for rifle deer.

Back