Not a good day...warning-blood!

OkieKubota

Staff member
Day before yesterday I had a free day so I went to my appointment for my haircut which was very long overdue, had tires rotated on car, and then went to check on our new renter. A large elm limb had fallen so I decided to pull it to the burn area so I grabbed it with both hands and was pulling it while I was walking backwards. All of a sudden I tripped over some rocks because I was not watching where I was going and instinctively put my hand down to break my fall. I hit hard and had pain in my left arm, right leg, and right hand. My hand was really hurting and I thought I had either broken something or sprained it bad so I held it to my chest and was just sitting there on the ground. My renter came running over to check on me and asked if I was ok and I told him all but my hand was hurting pretty bad. About that time I looked down at it and realized it was gushing blood and I could see a deep gash so I held my hand tight while he grabbed a clean t shirt out of his house.

511425ddcebef00880295cf2a5c43634.jpg

He drove me in my car to the urgent care where I got my first look at it...

8cd1bf85dc5d2b0c478af38408a7b4f5.jpg

Doc had to put many internal and external sutures in...got lucky because I didn’t get nerve or ligament damage!

2bd2faddf9b0c7ea640f519e4862a32a.jpg

82379828713a3c4a4b036daf1c5b6a98.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow Okie. That’s a nasty cut and You are very lucky it didn’t cut major ligaments. And I’m sure you are right handed of course. Hope it heals quickly. When you have an accident you seem to always do them good. Get well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumbs up Okie!:D Man that sucks and that's going to be a tough one to heal being in a joint like that. I have been bitch'n about my pinky finger being broken ( I was an idiot and tried to run thru a storm door).....but you got me beat! Good news is most guys can drink beer from either hand.....we are amphibious that way (to steal a joke from Donnie Baker).

Okie Okie. Man it can happen in a flash. And that is quite a tear. Hope it heals well while you one hand that bull dozer!

Okie...Seems weird hitting the like button but I did anyway...and felt weird about it. Accidents are just that. You don't know they're coming until it happens. Glad no nerve damage and glad you're ok. Just curious...what caused the gash? Almost looks like a shard of glass cut.

I find that the older I get, the oftener things like that happen, I guess that's why older people slow down. But you're still a young 50 something, just like me, to young to slow down yet! Anyway, that looks ugly. Times like that makes us very thankful for doctors and the great healthcare system we have in this country.

Wow, that had to hurt ! Sorry you had this happen Okie, but like Triple C said, accidents are gonna sneak up on you. Hoping for a quick healing and no permanent problems.

Dang Okie, glad you're ok (sort of). A guy uses his thumbs a lot, that cut's going to get in the way some.

My dad did a similar thing. Pulling on a rope trying to drag something onto a trailer that was hooked to his tractor. The rope broke and he fell backwards into the PTO and arms. It was running so the shaft was turning; broken ribs, broken hand, torn rotator cuff, and lots of bruises. He hunted ducks with one arm that winter and did a huge amount of rehab to get his shoulder good enough to aim a shotgun and work the pump by the next winter. I don't think he had any stitches though...

Thanks everyone! The cut was caused by a large broken chunk of sandstone I tripped over. It’s healing up and I am taking my antibiotics. The morning after I cut it I had to haul butt to South Dakota to get my wife for a little trip to Arizona. Been in the car 30 hours the last 3 days. Here now with wild horses behind the housing we are staying in...

d7f03c61fa6336265100c7a5332f833d.jpg

Thanks everyone! The cut was caused by a large broken chunk of sandstone I tripped over. It’s healing up and I am taking my antibiotics. The morning after I cut it I had to haul butt to South Dakota to get my wife for a little trip to Arizona. Been in the car 30 hours the last 3 days. Here now with wild horses behind the housing we are staying in...

d7f03c61fa6336265100c7a5332f833d.jpg
Better wait to ride those wild horses until your hand heals up.

Back