Nice November Surprise

cutman

Administrator
Staff member
While deer hunting this year I noticed that a nice little group of doves was hanging around the farm. We used to have an amazing dove club that my dad managed, but that ended about 15 years ago when the doves stopped showing up. The local theory was that fewer farmers in the area meant less food for the doves, so their migration patterns shifted.

After the hurricane knocked my corn down in October, the little group of doves became about 50. Sometime a couple of weeks ago that group doubled to about 100. I couldn't take it any longer and had to look up dove regulations. Luck would have it that the season was still in until November 26, so I invited a couple of friends to the first dove shoot in 15 years. It was so fun.

bdf2f1869f5d5e911b19692f01350e94.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Nice shooting! I kicked up a rabbit today and got to thinking about my upcoming January rabbit hunt on Little Blue. Nice change after months of tree sitting.

I love both shooting and eating dove. Grill that breast with a slice of bacon, jalapeno, and cream cheese. I can eat them till I'm sick.

congrats on the shoot. I'm seeing more dove on my place now than I did during dove season.
todd

Good job cutman! We quit planting for doves. Way too much hit and miss on having birds opening day down here. Been a long time since I've been on a decent dove shoot.

Back