Native Hunter - Property #2 - The Creek Bluff

Nice work! Oh how I envy you guys with no snow who can get out there and start having fun. Still 3' on the ground at my place and more on the way Friday night they are telling us.

Thanks, and Man I feel for you. I can't imagine 3' of snow - especially at this time of year. I hope it gets better for you soon.

Shingle roof or tin roof on the palace? What are you doing for windows? Will it be insulated?

It will be a metal roof, and the roof will be easily accessible for future maintenance from the deck. My uncles is my builder, and he is getting custom made windows from a local place that makes them. They are double hung, vinyl clad just like you would use in a new house. The windows fit in a 36 inch wide opening and I have forgotten the height, but something like 45 inches. You can slide up the bottom or slide down the top. They will also tilt, but I have no use for that feature. I'm getting that just because that's how they make them.

The sheeting is treated plywood (copper azole CA-C) with a lifetime guarantee. I can't recall what he said the floor was, but it is something that he really likes for floors. I noticed when I walked on it that they it was super firm and didn't have any give. The ground floor is poured concrete.

There will be several ways to enter. The outside steps is one way. These steps will be enclosed and you will have to unlock a door to get on them. At the top of the steps there will be a door into the top level, and about the middle of the steps there will be a door into the middle floor.

Also at the ground, there will be an entry door and swinging doors for ATV entry (but I don't have an ATV).

There is a 3 foot square hole with a ladder that goes all the way from the ground floor to the top floor. The is in the southwest corner of the blind. A picture of the hole is shown below. The ladder is not installed yet.

The funny thing is that I'm building this as a secondary hunting place rather than my primary place. If I have a good buck to hunt on my other farm, I will likely be hunting there for several reasons. However, I will wear this place out during the spring turkey season, and I can see coming here frequently just to get away from the rat race. But, I could end up deer hunting here more than I think.

2lgtPash.jpg

It will be a metal roof, and the roof will be easily accessible for future maintenance from the deck. My uncles is my builder, and he is getting custom made windows from a local place that makes them. They are double hung, vinyl clad just like you would use in a new house. The windows fit in a 36 inch wide opening and I have forgotten the height, but something like 45 inches. You can slide up the bottom or slide down the top. They will also tilt, but I have no use for that feature. I'm getting that just because that's how they make them.

The sheeting is treated plywood (copper azole CA-C) with a lifetime guarantee. I can't recall what he said the floor was, but it is something that he really likes for floors. I noticed when I walked on it that they it was super firm and didn't have any give. The ground floor is poured concrete.

There will be several ways to enter. The outside steps is one way. These steps will be enclosed and you will have to unlock a door to get on them. At the top of the steps there will be a door into the top level, and about the middle of the steps there will be a door into the middle floor.

Also at the ground, there will be an entry door and swinging doors for ATV entry (but I don't have an ATV).

There is a 3 foot square hole with a ladder that goes all the way from the ground floor to the top floor. The is in the southwest corner of the blind. A picture of the hole is shown below. The ladder is not installed yet.

The funny thing is that I'm building this as a secondary hunting place rather than my primary place. If I have a good buck to hunt on my other farm, I will likely be hunting there for several reasons. However, I will wear this place out during the spring turkey season, and I can see coming here frequently just to get away from the rat race. But, I could end up deer hunting here more than I think.

2lgtPash.jpg
That's an interesting design. You may want to consider window tinting for some of the doublehung windows. You could do a firemans pole in that open shaft to slide down quickly after shooting a deer.

That's an interesting design. You may want to consider window tinting for some of the doublehung windows. You could do a firemans pole in that open shaft to slide down quickly after shooting a deer.

LOL on the fireman's pole. I turn 64 this year, so I had better avoid that.

I hadn't thought about window tinting. What would be the best way to do that?

LOL on the fireman's pole. I turn 64 this year, so I had better avoid that.

I hadn't thought about window tinting. What would be the best way to do that?
Best way for you would put a real thick mattress at the bottom of fire pole.:) Place coming along good. Only shooting house I've seen you have to well a safety harness during access.

Native, that's a nice property and it's being made nicer by all your hard work. You put in some good work for an old guy (wish I was 64 again).

A wonderful location and a beautiful creek too ! The blind/stand/cabin will be your crowning achievment though, I think "The Mansion" is appropriate !:)

Native, that's a nice property and it's being made nicer by all your hard work. You put in some good work for an old guy (wish I was 64 again).

A wonderful location and a beautiful creek too ! The blind/stand/cabin will be your crowning achievment though, I think "The Mansion" is appropriate !:)

Thanks Drycreek. This is a special place to me because I spent a lot of time here growing up and my grandparents on my mom’s side lived on this land. I think that once I retire from my job that this will be the place to pass away some more special hours.

I think that I could get used to the weather down there and I have yet to see an unbeautiful creek in ky.

G

Native, this is what we use for window tinting, bought at Lowes or Home Depot. We used the mirror style. That way the deer just see more of the surrounding area when they look at our blinds and we can see thru it with our flowing cut outs we made in it once it was up. It has been up for three or more years on the inside of the blind and has held up perfectly.

https://www.gilafilms.com/for-home/decor

Back