Might have made a bad equipment mistake

Yukonhunter

I have a nice refurbished 2 row seed planter...left a little bit of 19 19 19 in it since summer..plan on getting it out this week because my friend said it will destroy it. Do you think it already did tons of damage. Its stored in my pole barn.

Fertilizer will corrode metal parts if not emptied and cleaned off. We have small plots and use bag spreaders/seeders and wash them after we apply fertilizer. We also grease/oil everything that needs it after washing.

Amazing how fast fertilizer will corrode metal parts. Get it out asap and give it a good washing then give it a good coat of oil. With my spreader after washing I give it a good spray of WD-40.

I have an old school plate planter that the fertilizer part doesn't work at all because of poor care. Fertilizer is VERY corrosive and as such any long term exposure to bare metal is bad, bad, bad. When it comes to fertilizer - PLASTIC is the way to go or you REALLY have to make sure you clean and keep surfaces protected. Hopefully your fine.....but you may have just learned an important lesson the hard way!

I have a nice refurbished 2 row seed planter...left a little bit of 19 19 19 in it since summer..plan on getting it out this week because my friend said it will destroy it. Do you think it already did tons of damage. Its stored in my pole barn.
I'm curious how yours turned out?

I actually went today and emptied it..there was no damage thank god, i cleaned it out and soaked everything in wd40

I got a reproduction manual for my VB drill and they recommended spraying the it with diesel when finished using it

Back