Living the dream with two parcels !!

Looks like you live in Brighton, I do also.

North Jackson county on the Ingham county line. Pleasant lake is about five miles from me.

Endless cover ? Most of the entire section is a low area with a creek that runs through it. This allows high grass, red dogwoods, sumac to thrive in the area. Cover is everywhere in the section, which IMO helps bucks mature/hide. I'll get more picks up in the next few weeks....

I saw that - that means we should probably be grab a brewski or coke and chat deer hunting some time haha. I will hopefully be a Jackson County land owner here in the next 30 days or so :) I may need to bend your ear for some advice!

Your places look great K.

6d526c1cd9a50100a0e2db32669fd1a4.jpg

This picture shows some of the best cover on my place. Canary grass, Dogwoods, sumac.....The deer definitely like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that - that means we should probably be grab a brewski or coke and chat deer hunting some time haha. I will hopefully be a Jackson County land owner here in the next 30 days or so :) I may need to bend your ear for some advice!

Your places look great K.

Anytime LMK.....we could walk my place, then yours......We would probably both learn something new.....

This tree is a mammoth. The biggest on my new property. I think it's a cottonwood tree?

View attachment 2052

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, that is a cottonwood. We have a huge one on our property near Evart. We had a forester look at it when we did some logging years back. He said it was a 70 year old tree despite the 14 foot circumference. Apparently they're a very fast growing tree.

-Cody

Back