Life Lines

struttingfool

To start, Cabelas has a pretty good deal on HSS life lines 3 for $60 on sale. With that being said I am going to order some tonight with gift cards from Christmas.

But have a question for those that either use them or made their own. What would it cost if you bought all of the materials and made your own? And also how do you know what to buy? As far as what kind of rope is needed?

As I get older and "wiser" I think I should be using them. I am 4 days removed from shoulder surgery from a previous fall from a treestand 7 years ago. I don't want to go thru this again.

Treestand safety isn't just for you, its also for your loved ones that have to take care of you if an accident happened.

Strut

they work great, especially if you have a nice size branch just above your sitting height. We just bought 3 more for next year

I agree I bought 3 more from sportsmans guide last week for around 55.00 You can buy climbing rope but they use a stiffer rope for the prussic knot.Well worth it for sure

I make my own but I have a source for good rope from a friend that is in an arborist. He changes his ropes every two years routinely. At about $20 apiece, that is a great deal.

20$ / stand. I've got same deal 3 years ago, have them on everystand. Feel strange when I don't have one now. I'm a little smarter and safer. Do the math. 10000$+ for airlift, ICU, rehab, years of pain . Or burial arrangements. Wear worth the 20.

This is a great video if you ever decide to make your own. Might be better quality if you make your own. I bought five lifelines from Scentblocker this fall and have noticed some fraying on the rope already.
Cabelas also has 35' Millennium lifelines on sale also for $17.99

Last edited:
In 2017 all of my stands will have lifelines even on ladder stands. Just heard a horror story the other day of a hunter that made it into the stand and tree strap on stand broke. The guy fell with the stand and broke a couple vertebrae. On top of lifelines spend the extra couple bucks and make sure you have a couple straps on each stand.

The lifeline that came with my millennium stand this year is probably the nicest lifeline I have gotten. I'll be checking cabelas for them on sale. I've made it know when people hunt my place a lifeline is required if their feet leave the ground. No exceptions!

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

The lifeline that came with my millennium stand this year is probably the nicest lifeline I have gotten. I'll be checking cabelas for them on sale. I've made it know when people hunt my place a lifeline is required if their feet leave the ground. No exceptions!

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

I agree, the Millennium is the nicest I've used. I got one with a stand for free, I've purchased a bunch of the Scentblocker ones -- no comparison.

About $23/ea is the lowest I have been able to purchase the materials to make my own. Every fixed stand I own or use has a lifeline on it!
I've been looking at the treestand wingman and may purchase one of those to try.

I liked Muddy in past but ones this year have loose outer material and knots on inside. Looks like a snake that swallowed a egg. I cant find receipt for a return.

I ordered three Millenniums from Cabela's. At about $23 each to my door, I couldn't pass them up. Should be here in a day or two.

Back