Late Season Bow Hunting - Clothes

I think they run just slightly large. I’m an XL in almost everything and there’s plenty of room in the XL wooltimate jacket for me. The sleeves are a little baggy but manageable. The same is true for the Berber fleece jacket. I’ve tried that on and the Length is good in the arms but the XL in the Berber fleece is a little shorter in the body than the wooltimate. I’m 6’ 4” and 185 lbs. for reference. I have both the wooltimate jacket and vest. I wear a large in the vest.

I typical wear the following when its below 20 degrees (from first to last layer):

Top: Thin poly baselayer (UA, military, etc), Med weight fleece 1/4 zip shirt, Heavy fleece jacket, primaloft vest, wooltimate jacket
Pants: Thin poly baselayer (UA, military, etc), Mid weight poly/fleece thermals, cheap camo pants, wooltimate pants
Shoes: 1200 gram old crappy rocky boots, Icebreakers boot blankets (add chemical warmers if you want to be toasty!)
Head: baseball cap under a beanie hat, neck gaiter, solid facemask
Hands: Thin gloves, hand muff with 4 handwarmers

Seems like a lot when I write it all down, but it does keep me warm at 0 degrees and 10-15 mph wind like last weekend!

I picked up the cabelas wooltimate jacket when they were 50% off. Thanks for all the tips. I got a large tall and it is a little bigger than a usual large in the chest and waist. Arms are a little baggy too. I’m happy with it though.

I also picked up some of the ecws polar base layers when they were 50% off. I’ll give them a shot but I think I’ll like my merino better.

Back