Laser Ranging Scope

My use for the Eliminator 6 is primarily hunting. I don't shoot competitively. At any rate, for those interested in this there is a post on another forum that has a much more detailed review than I could ever do. I thought I'd post the link for those interested: Review on Snipers Hide

I decided to work on positioning the remote today. I removed the cable tie and began by cutting some stick-on Velcro to fit the back of the remote being careful not to cover the screws since you need to remove them to change the battery:

8bbd721f-62b8-4526-b1db-5bd544f24903.jpg

Next, I placed the matching Velcro on the frame:

14d18e6e-3c26-485c-8c8f-5764267c966c.jpg

I then put a cable tie on it and Velcroed the remote to the frame:

275f9332-b702-461e-93a3-4a113ee7dac8.jpg

Finally, I opened the action and tightened the cable tie just enough so the remote would remain secured to the frame by the Velcro:

9ddc038a-a0ba-4668-8094-ce33db4713f7.jpg

This puts the ranging button in a convenient position for my trigger finger, It remains flat against the frame rather than sticking out like before. If it gets knocked off the Velcro, I won't lose it because of the cable tie. When I want to disassemble the gun, I just pop it off the Velcro and let it hang from the scope ring.

I hope to get to the range tomorrow, if the weather holds, to fine tune the sight in.

Last edited:
I had planned to do the final fine tuning sight-in yesterday, but we had some wind and they were calling for no wind today, so I headed out this morning. Here is the results:

f22379dd-60d4-429f-8390-4254146f41f0.png

The shots are numbered. I took shot 1. It was about where I ended up at my last session, low and to the right. I then put the SML back in the bulls bag and adjusted it so it was aiming dead center on the target without me touching the gun. I then carefully adjusted the turrets until I was pointing at the bullet hole.

I then took shot 2 and then shot 3 to verify it. Again, I positioned the gun in the bulls bag and and pointed it at the target. I adjusted the elevation to the bullet hole. I split the difference.

I then took shot 4. It felt like a flinch, so I took shot 5 to verify. Shot 5 felt good, so I adjusted the windage using the same method.

I took shot 6 which was spot on. I did not take a 3 shot group as I've done that before and know how the gun itself performs.

I then headed out to the field where my buddy has some long-range metal hanging targets along our pipeline that he uses for practice before going out west to hunt antelope. I set the bulls bag up on the back of my UTV and placed the SML in it. The button on the remote was a very easy reach for my trigger finger. I ranged the target at 238 yards and the scope provided the aiming point. I put the point on the target and fired. The target did not move. I figured I had an issue, but decided to drive up and check out the target. Some ferns and weeds had grown up around the target so that it could not swing. There was a fresh bullet impact dead center.

I'm liking this scope so far!

Back