Land and Legacy Farm Visit!

John Paul

Just finished up two full days with Matt Dye on the farm and man what an abundance of information to take in. Whew I’m going to be digesting everything we spoke about for quite some time. I’m very exciting to get working on some serious projects over the next few years, going to be a fun ride. I’m going to start a property tour thread once I get my marching orders. Matt was knowledgeable beyond his years and I’d highly recommend him. Looking Forward to working with him on our farm transformation.

They have a great podcast I've been listening to https://landandlegacy.tv/.

For a 29 year old me, my hunting buddies Randy and Billy and another friend Andrew with a horticulture degree were very impressed with his knowledge and ability to articulate ideas we could work on around the farm. He will have my report back in a few weeks so I'm looking forward to diving on some projects in the near future.

Need more details on Matt Dye. Unfamiliar

He interned/worked under Grant Woods and GrowingDeer.tv out of college I do believe. I really like what he and his partner Adam Keith have discussed on their podcasts; really resonated with me.

Need more details on Matt Dye. Unfamiliar

Adam Keith and Matt Dye own Land and Legacy. They have a podcast, YouTube channel and consulting business. They both worked with Grant Woods for a while and Matt Dye worked on an east coast military installation for several years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I listen to them. I like their approach of promoting native landscapes for the location they are working in and then positioning those elements to maximize hunting success.

I listen to them. I like their approach of promoting native landscapes for the location they are working in and then positioning those elements to maximize hunting success.
I agree. It shocked me when they started talking about food plotting being pretty much the last item on the list in regards to a hierarchy of needs for a property. And their crossover with cattle (both have been raised around cattle) is very important to our farm since it’s our day job. I’m looking forward to putting in some warm season pastures for cattle and for the added benefits it will provide to small game and deer bedding.

I'm adding cattle, sheep, goats, and chickens ( a lot of chickens ) to my farm this year. Have divided the entire farm into approximately 50 paddocks with an emphasis on woodland grazing.Intensive rotational mob grazing. Am working with Dr. Allen Williams of Understanding Ag to transition farm to a regenerative approach. Recently visited one of the farms he owns...BDA Farms... in Alabama. Incredible.Exciting times.

I'm adding cattle, sheep, goats, and chickens ( a lot of chickens ) to my farm this year. Have divided the entire farm into approximately 50 paddocks with an emphasis on woodland grazing.Intensive rotational mob grazing. Am working with Dr. Allen Williams of Understanding Ag to transition farm to a regenerative approach. Recently visited one of the farms he owns...BDA Farms... in Alabama. Incredible.Exciting times.
Very cool to hear. Look forward to seeing your updates on your property tour as well.

Good friend of mine that bought a 600 acre tract in WV had Matt n Adam out for assessment. Has nothing but great things to say about them.

Matt sent me a teaser text the other day asking if I liked diversity with this picture? Not having the “legend” to the map has made for interesting conversations with my hunting buddies what each color means. And being that this is only for about 1/6th of the farm we have a lot to do once I see the other parts of the farm he’s working on.

505694A1-A484-4823-86FE-B8233ABA1685-XL.jpg

Awesome! I have chatted with Adam numerous times and he is just a great person. Very nice, kind, full of information, etc. I look forward to following along on your progress.

AT

Back