Insulation

snowman69

Looking for some help, going to build a 6x6 deer blind before fall and looking for ideas on black insulation? A local company is using some type of material that is about 1/4 think but silver on one side and black on the other side. Any ideas??

Thanks

This is what I am looking for if any ideas

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220630-201601_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220630-201601_Facebook.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20220630-094042_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220630-094042_Chrome.jpg
    869.7 KB · Views: 25
Not a bad idea at all. Thx. just looking to keep many bugs out as possible with a black background so them big bucks cant see you ;)

Looking for some help, going to build a 6x6 deer blind before fall and looking for ideas on black insulation? A local company is using some type of material that is about 1/4 think but silver on one side and black on the other side. Any ideas??

Thanks
If you can't find the black material you are looking for the pink foam insulation board works well glued to treated 0.5" plywood exterior panel (or whatever sheathing you are using). On the inside blind surface I glue black or dark gray unbacked automobile carpet. This makes for a very comfortable and quiet blind

Attachments

• IMG_0535.jpg
    IMG_0535.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5893.JPG
    IMG_5893.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 18
If you can't find the black material you are looking for the pink foam insulation board works well glued to treated 0.5" plywood exterior panel (or whatever sheathing you are using). On the inside blind surface I glue black or dark gray unbacked automobile carpet. This makes for a very comfortable and quiet blind
Thats a great idea but I dont have any plywood on my walls, just ProRib steel then the Geotextile Fabric which not sure if the pink foam would stick that well....

Back