I have thoroughly enjoyed looking at all of your properties. I thought

A few updates from Fall 2018 at the farm. We have recently completed construction on our 5 acre pond behind the farmhouse and an equipment building to store the tractor and implements. There was already a 2 acre pond on the property but the price I got to fix it and expand it was almost the same amount as building a new one directly behind the house.

My oldest son Henry and I have been able to hunt a good bit together. I bet there was only one or two hunts in November where I was able to go alone. He was wide awake at 5:30am every morning ready to go. We harvested a decent Ga 9 pt on 11/11 and after that he really got deer fever. I saw this deer back at the end of October when he wasn't with me and I let him walk hoping he may show up when we were together. We got lucky on 11/11 and he walk across the back of the cotton field after we were in the stand about 10 minutes. We are still after a big 4.5 year old he nicknamed trickster. The deer has shown up just before we arrived and just after we leave the stand. He has definitely tricked us up a few times.

My wife has the farmhouse decorated for Christmas and we plan to have our family Christmas there on Dec 21st with Aunts, Uncles, & Cousins. We added a small Christmas tree this year and I put a little bone next to it to spice it up against my wife's wishes. I think it looks nice. Merry Christmas to everyone and please remember those who are in need this Christmas!!!
IMG_1838.jpg Henry walking up the 9pt. Don't panic.... I went in first to make sure he was dead.
IMG_1839.jpg Picture of Henry Showing off his deer attractant...Goldfish crackers...give them a try.
IMG_1881.jpg Water flowing into the pond
IMG_1396.jpg After completion of the pond from the kitchen sink window.
IMG_6560.jpg Flock of turkeys out the back window
IMG_1976.jpg The trickster...the only target deer we have on camera in the last 3 weeks.
Image-1.jpg Stocking the pond with some shellcracker and bluegill.
IMG_1886.jpg My new metal building...thanks AgSouth Farm Credit for loaning me the money since I spent all my savings on the pond and farmhouse.
IMG_1943.jpg Our first farm Christmas Tree (with a little bone next to it)
IMG_1941.jpg A few Christmas decorations of the wife's and we finally got a dinner table. Handcrafted as well but was really pretty cheap compared to the furniture stores.

Attachments

• IMG_1882.jpg
    IMG_1882.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1880.jpg
    IMG_1880.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1781.jpg
    IMG_1781.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1784.jpg
    IMG_1784.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 0
Just saw this thread. Looks like you’ve had a very productive fall and the house looks great!

I’m still trying to convince my wife that building is the best option.

Just saw this thread. Looks like you’ve had a very productive fall and the house looks great!

I’m still trying to convince my wife that building is the best option.
If you plan on being in the house until your 6 feet under I would definitely build. Its still more expensive to build around here rather than buy one already built but you get to put your own fingerprint on the home from the beginning and you have a connection to it more so than one that you will buy. I would find a good homebuilder and let him run with it. The items that will trip you up are the fixtures like lighting and plumbing. Windows & Cabinets are killer as well. If you want a great looking window you are going to have to pay for it. If you buy a cheaper window make sure you have a good carpenter who can doctor it up with molding.

If you plan on being in the house until your 6 feet under I would definitely build. Its still more expensive to build around here rather than buy one already built but you get to put your own fingerprint on the home from the beginning and you have a connection to it more so than one that you will buy. I would find a good homebuilder and let him run with it. The items that will trip you up are the fixtures like lighting and plumbing. Windows & Cabinets are killer as well. If you want a great looking window you are going to have to pay for it. If you buy a cheaper window make sure you have a good carpenter who can doctor it up with molding.
Building may be $$$ but its will be 20/30 yrs before any major expenses.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

IMG_0116.JPG IMG_0119.JPG IMG_0138.jpg IMG_0139.jpg IMG_0141.jpg IMG_0142.jpg IMG_0145.JPG IMG_0154.jpg IMG_0226.jpg 59433878917__0E87DE02-72CB-461E-A47F-59B4DCD9C4FA.JPG IMG_0032.jpg Heres a few pics from our 2019 Fall Hunting visits to the farm. We had a few issues this year with killing a mature buck. Two of our deer ended up getting broken up during the rut pretty bad. The largest deer disappeared about the end of October and we haven't seen him around since. Either way the boys had a great fall and were able to bring a few of their friends along.

Last edited:
Where did you get your Brittany? We got our female from Carter Kennels and our male from a breeder out of Ellijay.

Where did you get your Brittany? We got our female from Carter Kennels and our male from a breeder out of Ellijay.
He came from a fellow in Jefferson county. My FIL helped me find him. His parents or grandparents were from good pedigree out of Texas. I have the papers somewhere. He’s a rediculous smart dog and pretty good on birds too. I worked him pretty good up until he turned two. Just haven’t had the time this year to put him on birds as much. I am familiar with the carter dogs. I haven’t heard anything bad about them excluding they are pricey. They had a heck of a dog on the trial circuit about 5 or 6 years ago but I think a snake killed it. I love the breed and will never have another breed. Heck I wish my wife would let me have two.

Back